Referees/Officials

Don't think he's been relegated,got the Yorkshire derby Barnsley v Leeds.
DEAN-MOTED
Mike Dean DEMOTED from Premier League matches and will referee in the Championship this weekend after series of blunders

'Celebrity ref' has been given the privilege of referring Barnsley's clash with Leeds

BY RICHARD FORRESTER

17th January

Is this just a one off?

DEAN-MOTED
Mike Dean DEMOTED from Premier League matches and will referee in the Championship this weekend after series of blunders

'Celebrity ref' has been given the privilege of referring Barnsley's clash with Leeds

BY RICHARD FORRESTER

17th January

Is this just a one off?

Demoted for helping the rags?????

First for everything I suppose....

It says that they are happy with the refereeing we have been subjected to, more scripted than the wrestling.

I'd love to know the rules for how they get demoted.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the west ham lad winning his appeal therefore it was a mistake. Meanwhile obvious mistakes like "not sending off" can't be appealed by anyone.

Don't think he's been relegated,got the Yorkshire derby Barnsley v Leeds.

DT this morning saying he has been removed after a series of mistakes, all of which could have been avoided by the use of video tech!

There's a major article this morning in the DT about abuse towards amateur refs. They are thinking of going on strike. I support those amateur refs absolutely. I reffed a game on Debdale Park about thirty five years ago and got an earhole of abuse from the off from one of the 'managers'. After listening to it for a good five or ten minutes - every, and I mean every, decision questioned - I went over and said I was booking him. Was he gonna give me his name? WHF! So I went to the other manager and said that as he wasn't telling me his name I was gonna abandon the game. It was his home game so he called the team and said 'Take the nets down, boys!' Ah, the joys of some of the games in the G&DSL!

I think a major point is that the example that refs like Taylor, Mason and Crappenberg set determines how some of these amateur refs are treated. The FArce and PiGMOL must take their own fair share of the blame in the way they deal with players and clubs.

The state of amateur reffing these days does not surprise me one bit.

DEAN-MOTED

BY RICHARD FORRESTER

17th January

Is this just a one off?

(1) that's a Sun headline, and therefore probably inaccurate
(2) how can someone be demoted and given a privilege at the same time?
(3) 'Celebrity ref'? Invent a story, and then report on it, thus perpetuating and masking the invention? He isn't a celebrity ref; that's Clattenburg.
(4) Barnsley-Leeds is televised, so it's hardly hiding him.

He's just been rotated to the TV match, not really a demotion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.