Regrouping of singers within the stadium

Good Luck to the 1894 group & thanks for all your efforts in trying to improve the atmosphere

keep up the good work

COME ON CITY

urban genie said:
chris85mcfc said:
Could they not just move the away fans into the corner flag area which connects the south stand to the CB stand

At least that way you would have the singing section from 110 - 111 and all the South stand lot side by side

but thatwould mean you displace a whole section of fans who have sat/stood there since the move? like happened with the family stand which now sometimes has small pockets of empty seats and people moved scattered about seperated from people they sat near for years. I have an old guy sits next to me (been going for 50+ years) in 120 who was moved from the north stand to accomodate the family stand and for the money he can afford had only the optioon of where he sits, he misses nearly 60% of the game because people stand up, but never complains, Second year into moving me , my , brother, father and a mate all moved from the east stand because of cost to 120, why should we 4 or that old guy move again, we are building a third tier with no ties to any supporter, shift the aways up their like most other teams do, or if you want them near the singing section swap109-111 like for like so no one is seperated from thise they are with nowwith the, maybe would encourage the east stand to become more vocal and stir the south stand back to life

well said

cyberblue said:
I Dont think the penny has dropped for everyone .what the lads are suggesting is the only plan on the table .nothing else is going to happen .this is last chance saloon to get some thing sorted once & for all .Well done all who have been at the for front on the campaign .it not easy dealing with various factions at the club .so ifyou want it to happen please get behind them & join in there campaign

Nail on the head cyberblue. Work with 1894 and what's possible not what is not possible. Its pointless harping on about things that will not happen no matter how many times people repeat it.

Great effort by 1894 , really hope you sort something , whatever that might be because the rest of the ground will follow if enough noise is made by the singers. I am in the family stand and the only hope for an atmosphere is if others start it from the other end . I have tried on a number of occasions to start a song without success and fellow blues do tend to look at you , as if your not a full shilling !

chris85mcfc said:
Could they not just move the away fans into the corner flag area which connects the south stand to the CB stand

At least that way you would have the singing section from 110 - 111 and all the South stand lot side by side
The lads have tried everything .what they are proposing is the only viable option it is this or stay as we are ..nothing else will happen .they have been negotiating for donkeys years .to get the club/police ect to even agree to this is not a done deal. that is why they want the fans to support this plan .face up to it every one it is this or nothing the choice is yours

Btw if people go in the block for "banter" with the away fans or to just stand there then there is no point. YOU GO IN THE BLOCK YOU HAVE TO SING !!!!! :). 1894 group need to tell people this. We need the right people to be part of it and sing no matter what.[/quote]

Was just going to make that point. Sick of seeing the word "banter" to be honest and it's appearered again. Singing Section. I would prefer away fans out of the way on L3 but I suspect more people would move to be nearer to them than will move to the SS for a singing section. I hope City/1894 look at the opt out idea rather than opt in.[/quote]

Yes i agree it is very important that people go in the 115 block to sing and not just think "its a great atmosphere so I stand in there"... A lot drift in from all around the stadium to stand in 116 / 1117 because the atmosphere is good.. Its important to go in 115 if you want to MAKE the atmosphere good.

BillyMC said:
cyberblue said:
I Dont think the penny has dropped for everyone .what the lads are suggesting is the only plan on the table .nothing else is going to happen .this is last chance saloon to get some thing sorted once & for all .Well done all who have been at the for front on the campaign .it not easy dealing with various factions at the club .so ifyou want it to happen please get behind them & join in there campaign

Nail on the head cyberblue. Work with 1894 and what's possible not what is not possible. Its pointless harping on about things that will not happen no matter how many times people repeat it.

Agreed. This thread isn't really for hypothetical discussions on what should be done with away fans etc. as that boat has sailed. The current situation is what it is. And as mentioned previously, it represents the last real chance (for the foreseeable future) to make an actual difference at the ground in terms of the atmosphere. I hope we seize the opportunity, because I think we'll regret it if we don't.

The important thing is getting the word out there, and I think flyers at away games, in pubs like Mary D's etc is a good idea. A lot of Blues won't read forums or Twitter, and the club are restricted in what they can do. They're definitely behind the idea, but can't promote it as an area where you can stand all game etc for obvious reasons. The onus is on us the fans to make it happen.

kippaxed54 said:
just wanted to say how grateful those of us who aren't regulars are to the 1894 group (& allies). When I get to a match, I defn want there to be an atmosphere - so don't assume all of us part timers who pick up scraps from mates and the ticket exchange are the same as those who seem to want to take selfies all the time.
I can't volunteer to move to my non-existant season ticket to the singing block. But I'll continue to make the odd donation to the group in support of what they're doing and in the hope that its successful

+1. Exactly same situation here

I also agree that giving out flyers in the pubs/at the stadium would be useful to help spread the word. Maybe especially in the pubs as there's bound to be fans who sit in different areas in the stadium

Hope all this will now to better atmos, keep up the good work!

Regrouping of the singers within the stadium shows that something is being done about the atmosphere which has gradually got worse over the years. However, I think in order for the singing section to find its full voice, the away fan section on Level 1 need to be moved up top as it still breaks up the singing section. When the club tried this move in the Champions League a few seasons ago against Bayern Munich, Munich's fans were put on Level 3 of the East Stand and it proved to be effective. However, I would suppose due to security concerns this is a move which the club are not considering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.