Remembering Marc-Vivien Foé

A pre yaya, yaya and at the time probably one of our best players if not the best.
I said to me Dad when watching Yaya that his style reminded me of MVF.

He was a presence on the pitch and he was one of my faves at the time.

The manner of his passing was such a shock.

RIP MVF

I was in Thailand and read it in the Bangkok Post the day after his untimely death

i was just stunned,18 years already

RIP MVF

I remember being at my girlfriends house and left my phone downstairs, came down and had loads of missed calls from my mates and a voicemail that just said “foe dead” such a horrible time really and I thought he was doing really well at city in the later part of the season when he looked a real force. I remember looking at some newspapers the next day and they are pretty grim photos that should never have been printed.

Am I right in saying that he was the last city player to score at Maine Road.

I remember being at my girlfriends house and left my phone downstairs, came down and had loads of missed calls from my mates and a voicemail that just said “foe dead” such a horrible time really and I thought he was doing really well at city in the later part of the season when he looked a real force. I remember looking at some newspapers the next day and they are pretty grim photos that should never have been printed.

Am I right in saying that he was the last city player to score at Maine Road.
Yes, Foe was last City player to score at Maine Rd v Sunderland, Svensson of Southampron scored last goal at MR in a 0-1 defeat. Foe bagged a few that season and what happened to him was tragic, RIP Marco.

His children were at the school where Mrs. Dobber worked.My daughter is City mad and was trying,without success,
to get a ticket for the last game at Maine Road.Marc came to pick the kids up and Mrs.D.asked him what the situation was,he said almost impossible.
Anyway,few days later when he's picking the kids up again,hands over a ticket.Turns out to be a family ticket and my daughter ends up going to the game with Marc's kids and wife.
That was in Withington wasn’t it? I remember reading about it because my kids were at another Withington school at the time. I presume he must have lived round there. I didn’t realise at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.