"Remove A Bit Of Debris From The Pitch"

robsta

Just watched the match back on my recorder and at the pont when some thought the final whistle had gone and that lad ran on the pitch the commentator said "we need to wait while they remove a bit of debris from the pitch".

I assume it was their way of not publicising a pitch invader but me being the sensitive type I objected to that reference. Because idiot or not for running on, the lad is still a blue. It's a bit like the Grand National when all the horse lovers complained about the dead horses being referred to as obstacles.

Have to say though that if you are going to run on at the final whistle, make sure it is the final whistle.

I'm not sure if we can be in trouble with the fa for not controlling our fans? I appreciated the commentator's discretion. :-)))

Amazes me how anyone can be so dumb.. it was great yrs ago when we got away with it, but why would anyone do it now when you know it means a ban!

Freestyler said:
or if your gonna run on, first consider why do it in the first place, cause in reality you'll never get to see city play ever again.

Yeah, now we're in the champions league for the first time and that lemon will never see us live there.

Freestyler said:
or if your gonna run on, first consider why do it in the first place, cause in reality you'll never get to see city play ever again.

He was sat near me Danny and its the first time i've seen him all season so no big loss

robsta said:
Just watched the match back on my recorder and at the pont when some thought the final whistle had gone and that lad ran on the pitch the commentator said "we need to wait while they remove a bit of debris from the pitch".

I assume it was their way of not publicising a pitch invader but me being the sensitive type I objected to that reference. Because idiot or not for running on, the lad is still a blue. It's a bit like the Grand National when all the horse lovers complained about the dead horses being referred to as obstacles.

Have to say though that if you are going to run on at the final whistle, make sure it is the final whistle.

Whenever the odious, repellent slob that is Alan Green is commentating at a Dipper or MANUre match, a goal is greeted with his nauseating voice reaching a crescendo that would indicate that he is vigorously pulling on his todger, and the climax is reached with either ROOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY or SUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRREZ. Last night he described the build up to 'our' goal and then it was a rather bemused 'Who's scored that? Was it Kompany? No, it was Peter Crouch' offered to the Radio5 faithful in rather muted, begrudging tones.

Note to Peter Crouch: 'Yer Mum sez yer can come back 'ome now'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.