Replacement Tv through Currys/Knowhow Service

Biffo123

Bought a couple of Samsung TV's from Currys a few years ago . One of them a 65inch Curved KS7500 developed a problem with the screen and was sent away for repair under warranty , cost at the time about £1800 .
Just received a text saying they are going to be replacing with a new one ,they have sent me a code to take to the shop and am just wondering how this works . TV model probably not now available so will I just have to accept what they offer or will I have some sort of choice
Anyone on here had any experience of this , cheers

Bought a couple of Samsung TV's from Currys a few years ago . One of them a 65inch Curved KS7500 developed a problem with the screen and was sent away for repair under warranty , cost at the time about £1800 .
Just received a text saying they are going to be replacing with a new one ,they have sent me a code to take to the shop and am just wondering how this works . TV model probably not now available so will I just have to accept what they offer or will I have some sort of choice

Just take the code/ voucher,and it should be like4like

Good evening Biffo: I am under the impression DSG no longer do spec to spec as replacements are given a monetary value. When you go into store the code should have this monetary value attached. Obviously TV's have come down in price whilst specifications have improved at an alarming rate. If they do wish to offer a like for like then the KS7500 series was just above entry level sitting slightly below the KS9000 and I would hope you could replace this with at least a Q80 but aim high and try a Q85 or a Q90. If it is monetary then a Q8 is £1300 a Q85 is £1600 and the flagship Q90 is £1800. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
That’s great thanks I will do a bit of research tonight and go along and see what they say in the morning
Hoping that if I want to upgrade or upsize I will have the option to just pay the difference in price between the voucher code and new price
Thanks again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.