Resting players against the rags

Fully agree.

If we don't win it on Saturday, and go out in the CL QF, then a season with so much potential will end up being remembered as "just" a very good season (like Pellegrini's double season).

My My, how times and expectations have changed! now, all of a sudden, winning a league and cup double is ''just'' a very good season! 10 years ago we would have given our right arm for a season like that and i suspect right now most Liverpool fans would too. I think we need a bit of perspective here chaps!

He hasn't really.
it was taken off him by last night's performance
Strongest team with the only decision to make is with Vinnie.

Vinny will play. He is everything about this club and our captain. He plays. He can also keep control of Lukaku. We can play whoever we want against Liverpool at home at CB because last nights pairing didn’t work against them anyway.

Ederson, Walker, Delph, Otamendi, Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Aguero.

Those are the players who deserve the chance of winning the league against the rags.

Jesus/Stones or Laporte and maybe B silva can come in on Tuesday.

Against Liverpool I would play Aguero and Jesus with Sane and Sterling and risk playing 3 at the back.

Professional players should be able to handle 3 games in 6 days

Full strength and win both

This, with the strength and conditioning coaches we have these days the players should be able to cope with 3 games no problem...KDB..SILVA...SANE..others maybe not like Kompany. The rest are fit and able.

Pep didn't do Gundogan any favours last night. Placing him on the right flank was a huge mistake. Should have started with Silva, if he wanted to protect Sterling.
I was still trying to figure out where Gundog was playing when the goals flew in and I lost all coherent thought. So he started on the right?

I will start by saying personally I don't really enjoy the Champions League, so I would always put the league first(assuming that the league matters), but after last nights result and performance I would think Pep would want to try to get the result out of the system of the players because we will be flat as a pancake if we go into Tuesday's game on the back of two poor results(I would consider a draw with united a poor result), anything less than going through next Tuesday will be seen as another poor result and heaven forbid if we lose with Spurs the week after all of a sudden the papers are full of stories about epic collapses. The bottom-line is last nights performance forces Pep's hand and I would be shocked if we don't play our strongest team.
The case however could be made that because some players were so bad last night they don't deserve to start against the rags. Which begs the question what would represent our best 11?

My My, how times and expectations have changed! now, all of a sudden, winning a league and cup double is ''just'' a very good season! 10 years ago we would have given our right arm for a season like that and i suspect right now most Liverpool fans would too. I think we need a bit of perspective here chaps!
I get what you say but it will be a bit of an anti climax somehow don't you think?

He hasn't really.
it was taken off him by last night's performance
Strongest team with the only decision to make is with Vinnie.

Strongest team for BOTH games you mean ?

This is what I was meaning,he hinted he may rest a few for Saturday,before last night,if he still thinks we in with a sniff on Tuesday he may well rest some v rags,this is what I'm saying he has a huge decision to make,to lose on Saturday would be another kick in the bollocks I'm sure you'd agree ?

The case however could be made that because some players were so bad last night they don't deserve to start against the rags. Which begs the question what would represent our best 11?
Totally agree mate, but in that case it would be more they are dropped from the team, over they are being rested, personally I would be shocked if we started last night's team on Tuesday even if we didn't have a game on Saturday, the interesting one is Aguero, as we are chasing goals Tuesday I can't imagine he will play Saturday.

You're missing the point.

Clearly a league and cup double will be brilliant (and I didn't intend to suggest otherwise). At the start of this season, let alone 10 years ago, we would all have been well pleased with it.

But with the season we've had, and the potential for it to be great, I think everyone deserves something a little bit more than to match an achievement we've already done. Winning the title vs the rags, whilst probably not important to Pep, will be something that will go down in our club's folklore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.