restoring the old floor boards

foley87

in my hosue im sick to death of cleaning my carpet...ive had to hire the carpet cleaner from johnsons twice in the last 12 months to clean some stuff up...my mates are always around and trodding in shit so im thinking

if i can restore the old floor boards..you know where you varnish them? seen them in plenty of the houses weve got on the market at our place but just wondered if anyone had any experience in doing it and has any tips for me? can you do it on any type?

cheers

rick

Just rent a floor stripper, its a giant industrial sander about £40 plus deposit and it will do the job in about two hours but first you have to check that you have not nails, screws or tacks sticking up or they will rip the sand paper to shreds.
Then just go bt B&Q and pick what colour varnish you want, there are about 20 shades from really light to almost black.
simple, jobs a good un. Enjoy oh and dont forget to buy a soft head broom or brush, as vacuuming will scratch the floor.

a good tip is - all the dust stored in the bag put into a bowl , mix some pva and a dash of water stir then use the paste to fill in any knots or cracks in your floorboards, let this harden then sand over it again - this should end up being the same colour as your stripped floors- my best tip is find a firm who charge less to do it than you can earn in a day then let them do it while you go to work - coz remember whatever the hire firm charge you to hire the machine you've got to allow quite a lot for the sanding strips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.