Revenue escalators.

fbloke

According to someone far cleverer than I, qualification for the last 16 of the Champions League is likely to add 25% to the value of the main sponsorships City have.

If we were to get further in the competition there are going to be more additional gains.

There will be additional costs to the club in player bonuses but they will be dwarfed by the additional income.

I note with interest that none of the media have reported such a positive impact on the clubs finances. I wonder why?

wonder how much they will be charging for the next round at CoMS...

hope i'm wrong but can see this being CATA pricing so looking at £50quid plus behind the net...

£35 tier 1 and 3 and £40quid tier 2 on the side would be about right imo... with a fiver off for cup scheme members..

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just as important, if not more so, are the coefficient points as we lose the ones we got for getting to the Europa League QF next season.

We are now in that weird position of losing our one decent year of points from the EL.

We will be building a rather healthier coefficient after this year, hopefully.

They're not reporting on the positive financial impact because they're all still busy writing articles on a. how well we're playing and b. how much our revenues have risen before cl income

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just as important, if not more so, are the coefficient points as we lose the ones we got for getting to the Europa League QF next season.
Quick question my fellow Prestwich resident:
Are the CL coefficients weighted the same as EL coefficients, or are the CL coefficients greater due to the higher standard of the tournament and the greater degree of difficulty in qualifying and progressing?
For example it would be ridiculous if Chelsea received the same coefficient points for winning the EL last season as they did for winning the CL the previous season.

aguero93:20 said:
They're not reporting on the positive financial impact because they're all still busy writing articles on a. how well we're playing and b. how much our revenues have risen before cl income

and "C" how we're ruining the England national side

fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

We are now in that weird position of losing our one decent year of points from the EL.

We will be building a rather healthier coefficient after this year, hopefully.
Not looked at it in detail and it's too early to say with any certainty anyway but we scrape into Pot 2 next season. We've done the hard work, points wise, by getting into the last 16. Assuming we beat Plzen, we'll have at least 17 points, plus our national coefficient.

The season after, assuming we do OK in the CL next season, we should definitely be in Pot 2. However we won't be knocking on the door of Pot 1 until we've wiped off the miserable 10 coefficient points we got for last season's CL shambles.

East Level 2 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Are the CL coefficients weighted the same as EL coefficients, or are the CL coefficients greater due to the higher standard of the tournament and the greater degree of difficulty in qualifying and progressing?
For example it would be ridiculous if Chelsea received the same coefficient points for winning the EL last season as they did for winning the CL the previous season.
There are some ridiculous anomalies working out the co-efficients
For example I noticed one team had come through the qualifiers and gained 6 points for doing so where as automatic qualification to the group stage gets you four
If you get out of the group stage you get a bonus four points, something you don't get from the EL

It's all explained here

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2014.html

Although it's as clear as mud

PS the link shows our current position and by clicking on 2015 you can see where we should be next year

East Level 2 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Pretty much the same give or take the odd bonus point. Chelsea got 33.0500 for winning the champions league, 30.2856 last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.