Ric/Damocles: Read topics don't stick

sweep

As above really, it seems like at some point most days the board forgets where I've read up to in topics so if I click the little orange thingy it takes me to the 1st post on page 1.

Bloody annoying when I want a quick catch up at during lunch.

Cheers

Hmmm...by any chance, do you clear your cookies/history/temporary internet files?

I'm having the same issues, and the 'mark forums read' button isn't working. I clean my temp files and cookies on a regular basis too.

Damocles said:
Hmmm...by any chance, do you clear your cookies/history/temporary internet files?
I never clear any of them on either my home or work machines.

This issue was caused because I told the forum to store this information on your local machines instead of in our database to try and help the server load.

For now, I have reverted the changes back to storing in our database, but please be aware that it saves a massive amount of resources if it is stored on your own machines, so it may be switched back if we sign John Terry or something.

Damocles said:
This issue was caused because I told the forum to store this information on your local machines instead of in our database to try and help the server load.

For now, I have reverted the changes back to storing in our database, but please be aware that it saves a massive amount of resources if it is stored on your own machines, so it may be switched back if we sign John Terry or something.
Ah so it would happen if I use a different machine, makes sense now and I'll know its not a bug if it happens again, cheers for the info mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.