Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

This is dissapointing to say the least.

Dunne may have a problem with our owners and management team regarding the transfer, but there's not much point in dragging it through the media.

A quick 'Thank you' to the fans who supported him over the last 9 years, particularly when he was turning up drunk for training wouldn't have done any harm either!

Damocles,

If we want to be the best then we cannot afford sentiment if he hasn't got the talent / ability in him to form a part of the best team. It's a simple as that for me really.

Dunne's best days are behind him and for me hughes was right in letting him go, i would prefer ned or kompany infront of dunne as cover anyway and with it being world cup yr i'm sure dunne would have been unhappy sat on bench most of season.
Thanx to dunnie for all he did for city but it was right time to move on!!!

pinkwheeltrim said:
God I fucking hate Hughes!!!!!!!! The man is a prick,I don't care if we win every fucking trophy in the world(which we wont because he is a shit,clueless manager)I will still fucking hate him!

Thats because your clueless.

Bluemoon115 said:
pinkwheeltrim said:
God I fucking hate Hughes!!!!!!!! The man is a prick,I don't care if we win every fucking trophy in the world(which we wont because he is a shit,clueless manager)I will still fucking hate him!

Thats because your clueless.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Sorry Damocles,

Way over the top in my opinion. If it's a straight comparison between the management and a player that seen better days then I would go for the management. If you are referring specifically to Hughes and Cook in the post then fair enough you are entitled to your view. If that extends to the owners then the post is even more out of line than I think it to be at I understand it.

Then again I felt the same when Alison literally kicked out Gary Owen from the club back in the day. Never forgiven Alison for that so fan loyalty to players over management is an understanble emotion. Just a over the top in my view.

pinkwheeltrim said:

^^^^ what a dimwit, please go and support someone else we don't need morons like you!!

Don't agree with Damocles, I posted this yesterday on another Dunne topic, to someone who seemed to have some inside knowledge, I did wonder if it might even be Dunney himself.....

It disappoints me that he has decided to go public so quickly, it can only hurt his relationship with many supporters that did appreciate him.

At the end of the day he's not good enough for where we want to be.

cleavers said:
dublin24 said:
Make no mistake, Dunne never wanted to leave city - he was forced out! Regardless of how you felt about Dunne as a player no one can deny his nine years of loyal service where he shed blood sweat and tears for the club he loved. What did he get in return - nothing but disrespect from the manager and everyone else involved. Although he had 3+ years on his contract plus the testimonial that he, undoubtedly, deserved his bags were packed for him and he was pushed out the door. The compensation city offered him was an insult and a real FU! This is all fact and it will all be told soon enough.

dublin24 said:
Just saying, that I have some inside knowledge of how it all went down. Dunne was blind sided. He wanted to finish his career at City and was willing to fight for his position. He was forced out. When I say he got nothing in return, I am not necessarily talking financially. How about respect, how about loyalty how about having the decency to be up straight with a player that's been loyal to a club for nine years. Having said that, I do believe if a contract is broken, in any walk of life, an employee is entitled to what they're due. Mark Hughes was not honest in the press and Gary Cook is the puppet master!

If you have any "inside knowledge" or even are in contact with Dunney himself, you might want to suggest to him that a "kiss and tell" story would be ill advised.

Dunney seems a pretty intelligent bloke (for a footballer anyway), and while there is little doubt that he has been forced out, its hardly that he didn't see it coming, so "blind sided" is a bit of a silly statement, in fact him becoming a lesser player at City has been coming for about 12 months, and I'm sure Dunney was fully aware of this.

He has given good service to the club, but that was his job, just like anyone else, and there is no such thing as loyalty in football. For instance its well known that 12 months ago the loyalty you suggest he should have been given by City, was in danger of not being afforded in reservse, as he looked to get out of an ailing club.

The club have since moved on, and as a result we needed better players, Dunne was one of those that needed an "upgrade" to take us to where we want to be. The manager hasn't disrespected him at all, in fact has said in the past he wanted him to stay, and even kept him as captain until yesterday, that's hardly disrespect is it ? Same with Cook, the club have allowed him to move on, to a club in the top 6, and not for top dollar either, on his wages, and with 3 years left on his contract, I'm sure City could have played for a considerably higher fee, he's also likely to be getting wages similar to those he left so I doubt he's out of pocket, I suspect he's got a signing on fee. He's gone to a club that could still challenge for honours this season, so not a bad deal for him really, and certainly better than being a sub in an important season for him personally.

I doubt you have real knowledge about the compensation package unless you are very close to him, and I doubt its a bad one. As for a testimonial if he's truly bothered about that then I'll be very surprised, if it was so he can pocket the money then I'd also be very disappointed, if instead it was to make some money to put towards charity then I'm sure he could personally approach Cook/Kaldhoon, and try and arrange a City V Villa end of season friendly, I doubt anyone would object to that from either club, and in fact if he got the fans here involved, I'm sure he would get considerable support.

One thing that I am sure about though, is that if Dunne has a public fall out with City, then he will lose support from the fans, I would hope, even if he is angry, that he will let it all blow over, and just accept what will be one of the best ever receptions for an ex player when he returns to the club. It would be better to retain a dignified silence than come out sounding all bitter, City had to move on, and he's not a fool and knew that.

Best of luck to him at his new club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.