Ridiculous things from City's history

Nial Quinn scoring what I think was the winning goal against Derby, then going into goal and saving a penalty.

Standing having a pee next to Thaskin in the south stand bogs.

The fan running onto the pitch at Maine Road and ripping up his season ticket to a standing ovation, the long haired fan running on the pitch at Bradford urging the team on.

Winning 5-2 at Stoke and still getting relegated as every other team at the bottom also won.

Being 0-3 down at half time against Spurs and down to ten men and winning 4-3.

Coasting 3-0 at half time against Bournemouth to seal promotion and drawing 3-3 with a penalty in about the seventh minute of injury time.

And that's just off the top of my head lol!

The only club in English league history to score and concede 100 or more goals in the same season - 1957/58, 42 league games scored 104 and conceded 100, finishing 5th.

The stat announced by the commentry team at half time yesterday.
Manchester City haven't won an away premier league game since the 1990's when game losing at half time.
Absolutely ridiculous if this is true.

I’m guessing Blackburn 3-2 in 94-95, but surely we’ve done it since……??

The stat announced by the commentry team at half time yesterday.
Manchester City haven't won an away premier league game since the 1990's when game losing at half time.
Absolutely ridiculous if this is true.

Yep, I was pretty gobsmacked when I heard that, they said 1995 so 22 years, surely can't be right?
Under KK we seemed to be coming back from behind to win every other week.

Other City related ridiculousness has got to include Horlock getting sent off for aggressive walking.

I’m guessing Blackburn 3-2 in 94-95, but surely we’ve done it since……??

unsure if we've done it since or not but it doesn't happen that often to be fair, though i would have expected city to have done in since 94/95!! Spurs and Liverpool are quite good at it but generally it does not reflect the top clubs, can be anyone, and only about 6 times a season.

Employing show sec, employing peter fletcher, employing Hugh ferret, putting in ott security to make people miss the kick off, selling the souvenir shop for a tenner, fucking off loyal lifelong fans for corporates, getting rid of Joe Mercer, inappropriate treatment of Paul lake, appointing Alan ball

Last edited:
Pearce's cuddly toy. Pearce playing James up front. Pearce missing a last minute pen with his last kick as a player when half the ground had money on it at 12-1.

Having Pearce manage a professional football team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.