Rife and widespread......

MCC

Deep behind enemy lines and on the attack
On the BBC......

The true scale of match-fixing, racism and violence in European football has been revealed in new statistical research due to be released on Tuesday.
FIFPro, the worldwide union for professional footballers, conducted a survey of thousands of players in Eastern and Southern Europe.
Almost a quarter of players (23.6%) are aware of match-fixing in their league.
The stats may cause particular concern for 2018 World Cup hosts Russia, where that figure is as high as 43.5%.
The Black Book, a copy of which has been seen by the BBC, shows that 11.9% of footballers have been approached to consider fixing the result of a game, with that figure reaching 30.3% in Greece.
The research found a clear link between non-payment of player salaries and match-fixing.
As many as 41.1% of players have not had their salary paid on time, of which more than half were approached to consider fixing a match.
FIFPro findings
One in nine players involved in the study has been the victim of a violent act, with 8.3% of those incidents caused by his coach.

"These are very worrying results," said FIFPro Director Anthony Higgins. "A massive wake-up call for football, including in Western Europe.
"In the east, players regularly discover they are not paid by their clubs and then find themselves being targeted by corrupt influences. They are vulnerable."
Turkey is currently embroiled in a match-fixing scandal that has ensnared some of the country's top clubs.
Last year, the Uefa lawyer charged with fighting corruption in football, Pierre Cornu, admitted that match-fixing cannot be wiped out.
Despite that, Fifa have set up an early warning system to detect suspicious betting patterns, and Uefa have just announced a link-up with Interpol to clamp down on match-fixing.
Meanwhile, 9.6% of respondents in the Black Book survey reported examples of racism or other forms of discrimination, mainly caused by supporters (65.3%).
Every ninth player had been a victim of a violent act (11.7%). This was caused by fans (55.8%), club management (13.3%) or even the club's coach (8.3%).
FIFPro say their research proves that Fifa's current club licensing system is failing.
Designed to improve the way clubs are run, the licensing system is administered by national associations.
It defines the standards that clubs must adhere to in order to be allowed to gain a licence and participate in international competitions.
As many as 100 European clubs were denied licences last season.

Be interesting to see the figures for respondents in England re corruption and racism.

I don't know if it's corruption but the media, FA & Refs are hell bent on protecting 'Brand United', come what may.

I read the BBC article and wondered to what extend this occurs in UK. As the most lucrative football league product in the world, surely fixing is rife in the PL.

On the issue of the FA protecting Utd, i don't necessarily agree, I thinki it is just bias to prevent city running away with it...the fact it benefits the rags is i believe incidental.

This is the same BBC who reported yesterday that everything except for the football was sold out at the Olympics. Unless you count the rowing, weightlifting, bmx cycling, archery, male beach volleyball (for obvious reasons the womens is) etc etc etc

Makes a good headline but not always true.

There's something wrong with that article :

A survey of Eastern and Southern European footballers.. Not really a fair survey to represent football as a whole. We can be pretty confident that Russian football is bent as f**k just like their political structure for starters.

I'd much rather see statistics for England and major European leagues, that'd be more interesting.

inbetween said:
There's something wrong with that article :

A survey of Eastern and Southern European footballers.. Not really a fair survey to represent football as a whole. We can be pretty confident that Russian football is bent as f**k just like their political structure for starters.

I'd much rather see statistics for England and major European leagues, that'd be more interesting.

Players have been on take for years and in the premiership well documented details particularly goal keepers have been stung.

No doubt refs have as well.

You would think in the premiership with the salaries paid to players now that it would not be an issue anymore.

The only problem most of the players have is what to spend their money on.

However with the internet its harder to sting stakeholders now.

I work in real estate and in suburbs where most of the residential properties are being bought by people of Chinese and Indian ancestory.

Melbourne's real estate per disposable income level is some of the most expensive in the world now and not affordable for two average incomes anymore.

Hardly a day goes by when I don't get a prospsective purchaser offering me cash money and lots of it to try and crunch a seller to a below market value price.

I report them to consumer affairs and the Reiv and stuff all happens to them because they say that's how business is done back in their homeland (LOL).

Wherever large sums of money can be made and lost you be assured someone will want to use unethical and often illegal means to grab hold of a slice.

If they are stupid and greedy they will get caught out sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.