RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Really sad news. Friendly fella, great sense of humour and a top Blue. It was always a pleasure to bump into him at away games.

Condolences to Bill's friends and family x

Think i first seen Bill when we were in Copenhagen around 2009'ish when EUFA cup became Europa, then again away at Dortmund in that Ferrostaal pre-season match if my memory serves correct, didn't really know him to talk to at the time though after quite a few nods of acknowledgement at many other european n domestic awaydays, first names basis easily ensued.

Always keen n took pleasure connecting/introducing user names to faces off of here, met Ric plus many others through Bill.

Great sense of humor n always pointed me in right direction whenever an awayday match ticket were hard to come by after a quick phone call.

Glad he got to see us achieve what others could only dream of/about...

May his soul Ascend In Glory to Rest In Peace whilst traversing the cosmos, Blue Carpet treatment style to boot.

Although I tap into BM now and again (up coming games, away days & transfer hype) I‘ve not posted for years but on seeing this post…I’m driven to do so. Like many of you. Sad, sad news indeed. Bumped into deNiro quite a few times over the years. Did he ever tire of the “you talkin’ to me” quip? Yes, he probably did. Came across as a genuinely engaging, caring, fun loving guy. Condolences to family and friends. RIP deNiro.

Very, very sad news.

Met Bill at a couple of Euro aways, he was always one of those faces that appeared and you'd go "oh there's de Niro". Just part of our Blue furniture.

Best wishes to Bill's family, peace be with you all.

@Ric - maybe its time to have another Bluemoon meet up. After 16 years a member on here, I've personally only met a handful from this forum. Us FOC's aren't getting any younger my friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.