RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Gutted by this
A top fella, sorted the occasional away ticket for me back in the day. Used to go see him in his carpet shop where he would hold court on all things City while occasionally breaking off to bollock his minions for some minor indiscretion
Wasn’t he on the trawler trip to the Faroes?
Seem to remember he was also on the trailer for the Blue Moon Rising documentary, lugging carpets about, but weirdly was cut from the final film
Knew he was in poor health recently but still a shock
He was a great pal of the also sadly missed Andy Hinch from here
Shared the occasional pre match pint with them and @Prestwich_Blue in City Square
RIP mate. Make sure you sell a nice Axminster to St Peter on the way in

Last edited:
I'll keep this relatively short as there's so much I could say
I met Bill at the first Bluemoon five a side and we became mates following it and I'd call at the "emporium" and have a brew whilst he and his employees would play Mario cart
I had the great pleasure of travelling with him to Shalke where he was De Niro'd out by the end of the first night in Dusseldorf with people wanting pics, and he almost caused us to miss the plane home buying Toblerones and other ridiculously priced goods in the duty free, whilst the final-final call for our flight was called
I didn't see him for a few years, mainly because of covid and was very saddened to hear he'd been diagnosed with MND
I called in to see him at the shop where his rock Jeanie was by his side and when I left I burst into tears. I last saw him in June last year when he had his iron lung when again Jeanie was so strong
My love and thoughts go to Jeanie and Jess x
Goodbye my friend. I wish I was half the man you were

Awful news, I met Bill in the car park at the Etihad for a little trip to the Faroes.
Wonderful trip and Bill was the life and soul of the group always with a funny story to tell and there were many from that trip.
We've lost a real character and he will be sadly missed.
My thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.