RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

@Ric maybe rename this forum after him for a while? Probably a daft idea, but like the fundraiser or a meet up I think it would be great if we could do something in memory of such a great guy, I've not seen him for years but like so many others have great memories of the man and am truly saddened by the news

Robert de Niro starred in a movie called "Fifteen Minutes" many blue moons ago. As @jimharri and some others have mentioned, it would be lovely to do a memorial applause at the Everton game. How about at 15 minutes, for de niro.

RIP Bill, you will be missed by so many.

I won't swear but ****me where did you dig that up from? Judging by the age of Charlotte i'd guess it is yes.

I'm good thanks, ageing like a fine wine or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
Although looking at how young I look on that photo i'm not so sure now LOL!
I hope you and your's are all good?
I cannot wait to show Charlotte that photo. I have some of my own with Bill which i'm sure Millsythemosher and Craig, (can't remember his username) are also on them. I'll find them and put them on over the weekend.
Tonight has been lovely in a strange kind of way, so many old user names popping up it's like I've gone back in time. So many fitting tributes beautifully written that capture Bills personality.

Great to hear from you and see that photo.
Haha !
From the deepest , darkest depths of Facebook, I think Mandy tagged me in it many years ago. No idea who took it but I remember the fernhurst being packed that day.
I’m good thanks Josh still travelling up and down watching the lads.
Some great stories about a great man like most have said we’ve lost a true gentleman.

To Bill's family if they read here, I'm sorry for your loss x

I had a session ticket in 211 for many years and Bill and his family sat a few rows in front of me. You'd always see laughing, love, and warmth. During that time I'd read his BM posts in his voice, and the many recommendations to get a carpet from his shop. Then the next thing is you would see him on the TV bundling into a trawler to get to an away game.

I read his update a year or so ago about his diagnosis. Even though I'd never spoken to him I felt like I knew him. Heating that was sad enough, but this is just cruel.

Bill lived his life how most want to, with a loving family around him and friendships made through a common love for football. He can be very proud of the memories he's left behind.

Rest in Peace Bill

am devastated by this news, Bill was such a good man, he was not only great company and a funny man, he actually cared about people. When times were hard he sent his lads to carpet my nieces house for pennies, he got it, he knew we were good people.

His love for Jess shined through, Jess i am so sorry for you, he really loved you. He would tell me how he was your taxi and he loved it. He did love you that much, as he also loved Jeanie with all his heart.
He did exactly that for my girls on numerous occasions too Russ, even took me to his ‘secret lair’ a few times to see if he could find stuff for free, I was always convinced that his love for Jess played as big a part as any in that, having a daughter and not wanting them to have to struggle etc, he just got that and I probably remember him more for those reasons than actually him being a Blue, he was utter class in so many ways.

Was busy yesterday so sadly only just got to see this now, RIP Bill.

A lovely bloke, who I got to meet at a good few bluemoon meet-ups and a couple of Euro aways.

Think everything has been said on here that I’d say, some great stories about the guy that I was a part of too, including the fixer episode.

Legend of a man, sleep well, and love to the family.

xx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.