RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Only just seen this (away since yesterday), I sat 3 seats behind him in the SS2 for a number of years and we regularly spoke back then. I remember when he first became ill, and no idea what it was for quite a while. Thoughts with his family, who I didn't know so well, but met most of them at one point or another.

A horrible disease is MND.

Heartfelt condolences to Bill's family and friends.

My Dad's brother (also a 'Bill') got MND, this was many, many years ago. It's a horrible thing to watch happen to a loved one, or anyone.

I do remember the picture of Bill in his wheelchair surrounded by trophies posted on here. Lovely photo. What a way to go. Rest In Peace, Blue.

Like others, been many years since logged into BM but felt compelled to add my own condolences.

Went round to his house as he'd sorted a Scahlke away ticket for us, as our group was one short. Had a quick chat with him in his house, then when said I'd best go as the lads are waiting outside in the car he grabbed his coat and insisted with a chat to meet them...they never went on BM so they were a little bewildered at a Robert De Niro lookalike banging on the window for a chat!!

Ace guy, who, from then on would always stop for a little chat when seen us at away days.

The world would be a much better place if there were more like Bill around thats for sure!

RIP blue x x

Yes he did indeed , we all met up ath the lower turks head, in the roof garden as i recall, and he did turn up as a clown. There is photographic proof somewhere , if i can find it i will post it. EDIT found it
Pretty sure he turned up like that as he’d been called a clown on bluemoon leading up to it due to one of his random posts that we were all convinced was him being a wind up merchant, lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.