RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

I remember being in that Irish club we used to go to when we played the spuds at WHL, Bill went round telling everyone City had bought the grannyshagger … He had some foaming at the mouth, including me… :-)

I used to love watching a thread unfold when someone who didn’t know him was giving Bill shit… He was the master WUM, nobody could match him…

Not seen him for a while but will miss him so much …

My post count vs member years tells you I don’t contribute often but felt I had to write here.

I’m so very sorry to hear this. Like many others I met Bill through his willing to ensure a Blue didn’t go without a ticket, and that turned into him carpeting my whole house.

Rest in peace fella. The world has lost a true Gent x

I remember a city fan on here having some trouble so Bill took it on himself to do a collection as that was the measure of the man. I nipped round to his carpet shop and dropped off a donation it was greatly appreciated when really it should of been me thanking him for what he was doing a lovely man and a great loss RIP Bill let the blue angels take you to a better place

Jeanie and the family have now decided, given the huge popularity of Bill, that there will be a funeral. I will post the date as soon as confirmed.
City colours welcomed/encouraged and all welcome but there is likely to be no wake afterwards.
Will update further when confirmed.

I remember being in that Irish club we used to go to when we played the spuds at WHL, Bill went round telling everyone City had bought the grannyshagger … He had some foaming at the mouth, including me… :-)

I used to love watching a thread unfold when someone who didn’t know him was giving Bill shit… He was the master WUM, nobody could match him…

Not seen him for a while but will miss him so much …
I think I was one of those who got snared once upon a time. I didn’t know him but sorry to Bills family and his blue family that he was taken so soon.
But it’s clear from so many lovely posts that he left a real impression on people and that shows a life well lived. Cheers

When I first moved from the family stand to 211 the lad we use to sit next to me pointed him out, I loved reading his posts on hear and he came across as a good bloke, I think the last time I was in his company was in Naples, near the hotel where the team stays by the water front, he was on a mobility scooter and i was im awe of the effort he made to get there, he told my mate that if the Napoli ultras come after us, they will never catch me on this. Rip Bill and condolences to his family and friends

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.