RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Is it an idea to add a poll to this for those planning to attend just so the family have some idea of numbers to expect on the day as I would expect it to be well attended and might also help the Crem staff plan accordingly?

I've not been on BM for approx 12 years but after just being informed of the news that Bill had passed away I just wanted to pass on my condolences to Bill's family and friends.

I met Bill for the first time over twenty years ago and instantly knew he was one of life 's 'good ones'.

Absolute diamond of a geezer, warm, generous, loyal, funny, intelligent, loving and caring.

My family and I will never forget the help afforded to us from Bill during a time in our lives we were 'up against it'.

I'm glad that he got to see us win the treble last season.

I'll never forget you Bill.
Thanks for putting that picture up mate, because the pennies just dropped who Bill is. I knew his old BM name was Deniro. But didn't put 2 n 2 together and didn't realise it was the Robert Deniro ringer who I used to always see at many away games for years n years. Always up for a laugh when I did my shite Deniro impression to him. Was always with a guy who looked quite similar so it might of been his brother. And on a earlier post today I seen he went to my old school Moston Brook. What a top bloke.

I've not posted on here for a good few years but found out from others Bill had passed away. He was the first one from this forum i ever met at a charity gig back in 08 and was very welcoming all those years ago, we met with others plenty of times for other occasions and he was always the life and soul of the party. I've made hundreds of friends through Bill and his kindness over the years to introduce me to everyone and i couldn't be more thankful as many to this day are still close friends of mine. He was a rock to me and others when we lost Sue and Sam (Bluebird1 and GSC) RIP Bill, you will be missed by more than you think. My heart goes out to Jess and the rest of the family.

There’s more than one but they’re all in the same place
Only been there ( Blackley chapel) once before and brings back very very painful memories..
When Jeanies text came in late morning ,in the form of a message from ' Bill Deniro Manc'.... time stopped still ....

Had to ask a mate to drive me up there a couple year ago because I could not have made that journey on my own.Thats when true friends step up to the plate without question or judgement.

Judging by the plethora of sincere contributions to this thread it is clear that Bill,all his life ,put others first .I myself benefited from his time and generosity when he sourced me tickets for a couple of matches ,notably the Youth Cup Final v Chelsea years ago ,the 2nd leg at home with Sturridge up front,... and a derby match at the swamp,not only getting me the ticket but coming into town on the day ,after a mornings work in Denton,to meet me and hand it to me. He knew it meant the world to me and our meeting , across from Piccadilly train station lunchtime sat was a moment I,'ll never forget for the rest of my life
He said he was going to do something, that benefited me more than him,and yet I swear he looked as happy as me,if not happier, when he handed the ticket over, and I was over the Blue Moon..

Talking of BM.. ,perhaps one of the greatest contributions Bill will be remembered for is the work and time he has directed to a venture which by all accounts started off as a brainwave idea between a small group of like minded people......The other night I was on the moon early hours and just happened to notice over 1500 users online,it was never that way back in the day , ...A testimony to both the general popularity and global attraction of a website which has kept us all captivated, in some way ,since it's inception.

Bill was the first and only mod to give me a warning years ago for the wrong choice of language concerning one of our rivals,and the way he did it ( it may have been a short ban thinking about it ) was so classy and to the point ,without any control freak stuff....as to make it look as tho I was still ,most definitely part of the family, but that's not how "we" do it.

Classy.

Bill....Gone but not forgotten.

I think I met Bill three or four times. The Drayton Arms at Arsenal rings a bell but certainly Bluemoon meets at a bar in town whose name escapes me. We’d go to the outdoor section by the water.

He just oozed warmth and kindness. I’ve read the entire thread so far and the stories don’t surprise me. Anyone who goes out of their way to help a fellow Blue is alright by me.

If there’s a drink for him before the Chelsea match on Saturday then I’d come over. I don’t have a ticket but it’s on tv.

Smile down at us, Bill.

James

Jeanie has also asked me to share this

Hi! I'm supporting Kevin Sinfield and team who are aiming to raise £777,777 for Motor Neurone Disease Association, Leeds Hospitals Charity, The Darby Rimmer MND Foundation, Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association and My Name'5 Doddie Foundation. You can find out about their fundraising event and make a donation here >

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.