RIP DJ Stu Allan, Manchester house and hip hop legend

Manchester music institution. Said in another thread that when I was a kid I used to write in (sounds mad now that I’d hand write a letter, buy a stamp and take it to the post box to request a song!) and he’d give me a shout out on the radio. I’d tape it and take it into my mates at school!

What was it? Sunday nights, Key 103: House 20:00-21:00 and Hardcore 21:00-22:00?
Haha mad. I did some pirate radio in Hulme and the Moss in the early 90s and Stu’s shout outs were obviously a huge influence. And a good way to meet chicks for a young man

Wow that’s sad. So many lancashire clubs in the 90’s he used to play at. Angels, Peps, Monroe’s…. So many great memories. Added to that so many tapes in our cars with Stu, he was class.

Wasn't my genre at all and didn't listen to a single show of his but that doesn't mean I wasn't aware that his shows were groundbreaking and he produced the soundtrack to a whole generation of Manchester youth.
RIP Stu
Nice words mate. Similar to Tony the Greek who I would have as Peel’s equal for much of the 80s and 90s in terms of regional influence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.