RIP MIKE DOYLE

remember him saw him play at the twilight of his career so i guess i can consider myself one of the luckier ones

God Bless

spacecadet said:
Just cried watching his grandson on Granada Reports. Saying he gives 200% when playing in City academy v Rags. God Bless Sir Michael- you are a City Legend. RIP

You, should have been there, mate.... the little fellow had everyone in stitches but it was his son Scott's eulogy that reduced everyone to tears when he spoke of being a kid and pretending to be his hero... his Dad, running out into the garden with a ball with his No4 shirt on, with Boys in Blue on the record player and pretending to wave to the crowd. The vicar was a life-long blue as well.

Just seen myself on SSN. Good of them to give the funeral some air time - reminds everyone just how important Mr Doyle was to football.

HankTheSucker said:
spacecadet said:
Just cried watching his grandson on Granada Reports. Saying he gives 200% when playing in City academy v Rags. God Bless Sir Michael- you are a City Legend. RIP

You, should have been there, mate.... the little fellow had everyone in stitches but it was his son Scott's eulogy that reduced everyone to tears when he spoke of being a kid and pretending to be his hero... his Dad, running out into the garden with a ball with his No4 shirt on, with Boys in Blue on the record player and pretending to wave to the crowd. The vicar was a life-long blue as well.
Was Colin Bell there mate?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.itv.com/granada/mike-doyle-1946-201109290/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.itv.com/granada/mike-doyle-1946-201109290/</a>

spacecadet said:
HankTheSucker said:
spacecadet said:

Was Colin Bell there mate?

Yes. Watch the MEN footage. Bell is there. As is Peter Barnes, Tony Book, Buzzer, Asa Hartford, Alan Oakes a few others as well. But Colin the King is there defo.

R.I.P. To a TRUE BLUE LEGEND.
Bless you Mike and your family.
Watched your grandson and he has got to be another up and coming BLUE legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.