Ritchie Blackmore

beavis-and-butt-head-o.gif

Doris Coverdale has the audience sing most of the songs for him nowadays .... his voice is as shot as Gillan's ....

It will end up being Joe Lynn Turner singing.

Hmm, not so sure about that; Blackmore is quoted as saying JLT isnt involved (although it could just be Ritchie's notorious "sense of humour").

He may have passed 70, but I'd still love to see him play rock again.
Saw Purple at the NEC in about 87, and I'll never forget it was the only gig I've ever been to where there was a bigger mass of people crowded round stage left where Blackmore was playing, and general disinterest for Gillan in the centre, and the rest of the band. It was so much about Blackmore.

The feel of his playing on the first 2 minutes of this is unreal....

Hmm, not so sure about that; Blackmore is quoted as saying JLT isnt involved (although it could just be Ritchie's notorious "sense of humour").

He may have passed 70, but I'd still love to see him play rock again.
Saw Purple at the NEC in about 87, and I'll never forget it was the only gig I've ever been to where there was a bigger mass of people crowded round stage left where Blackmore was playing, and general disinterest for Gillan in the centre, and the rest of the band. It was so much about Blackmore.

The feel of his playing on the first 2 minutes of this is unreal....

Chesterbells .... true ... he is a real maverick and expert wind up merchant ... he deliberately misleads ... lol

And yeah, his 'feel' playing is superb ... as technically good as Steve Morse is in Purple now, he is 'sterile' and no feel in comparison.

Only the legendary Tommy Bolin came close to really replacing him ...

Excellent guitarist for DP and Rainbow. Impossible to get tickets for it I know but would have been good to see. Pity Blackmore is a great guitarist but unfortunately a grade A twat of a human being.

Chesterbells .... true ... he is a real maverick and expert wind up merchant ... he deliberately misleads ... lol

And yeah, his 'feel' playing is superb ... as technically good as Steve Morse is in Purple now, he is 'sterile' and no feel in comparison.

Only the legendary Tommy Bolin came close to really replacing him ...

Oooooooooh that's controversial, although I did like Come Taste the Band (considered to be a good album, just not a DP album) and Teaser.

Blackmore never had an equal in my opinion but we all have favourites

Oooooooooh that's controversial, although I did like Come Taste the Band (considered to be a good album, just not a DP album) and Teaser.

Blackmore never had an equal in my opinion but we all have favourites

Nah mate, wasn't meant to be controversial, nobody else can 'be' Blackmore, he was unique, it's just that I love Come Taste The Band, it sounds as fresh today as back then. I felt then as now, that Bolin gave DP a real infusion of something new, and would have been great to see what they could have recorded to follow it up. Sadly wasn't to be .... I liked the latter Bolin/Coverdale/Hughes 'funkier' DP as much as the earlier one ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.