Rival Clubs?

kippaxchris

Obviously United are our fierce rivals but what other rivalries do we share with other teams fans? Iv'e seen and heard people say Stockport County are one of our main rivalries along with Bolton Wanderers, I myself am unaware of these rivalries other than them being local so i want to know what most City fans think of the rivalries i have mentioned. Are they proper rivalries or are they just other local games like Oldham and Rochdale?

Also who considers Spurs to be one of our main rivalries?

kippaxchris said:
Obviously United are our fierce rivals but what other rivalries do we share with other teams fans? Iv'e seen and heard people say Stockport County are one of our main rivalries along with Bolton Wanderers, I myself am unaware of these rivalries other than them being local so i want to know what most City fans think of the rivalries i have mentioned. Are they proper rivalries or are they just other local games like Oldham and Rochdale?

Also who considers Spurs to be a rival club of ours?

Just the one for me. The rest are transient.

Ducado said:
How can Stockport be our rivals? They would have to be in the League at least to be even considered, our rivals are the Rags, Chelsea, Arsenal

I mean club and fan rivalries not league positions. Sort of derby/healthy rivalries if you get what i mean.

It may be a generational thing but the Manc-Scouse rivalry still hits the spot with me, so Liverpool and Everton games have that extra buzz.

We do have rivals for the title yes .... Arsenal , Chelsea , Spurs , United etc

but we only have intense local rivalry with one other set of fans , the rags !

I suppose it probably depends on the indivividuals viewpoint ....... Fergie reckoned Liverpool were his main 'rivals' , his clubs 'biggest game , as he used to constantly tell anyone who'd care to listen ... even though Liverpool , in reality , had actually been out of the title picture , and spotlight , for years ...... but i doubt the vast majority of his clubs support actually agreed with him !

To be honest we probably do have other rival clubs but I feel like the intensity of our hatred for the rags far outweighs feelings for other clubs so in comparison we probably don't have any other rivalries , certainly none that are as intense.

blackley27 said:
nytid, spuds, blue dippers & leeds.

Always.

I understand the Spurs and Everton bits, but I don't remember us having any worse relations with Leeds than anyone else. That said, it was a long time ago and I was far younger back then. Am I missing something here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.