Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder: There is a football match in two hours and we have a bloody good team without Mahrez and Fred.
1f609.png

Not great again from City, why come to the table when Liecester were never going to let Mahrez go for anything less than 80-90m.

VVD 75m even Laporte 57m, Mahrez is a top player proven & definitely worth paying more than the going rate.

Sanchez yes I agree was taking the piss but the Mahrez thing has been a piss take.

Pay up or shut up.

Not sure he is ready yet. The reality is expect to see a lot more of Yaya over the coming weeks as we adopt a more defensive approach.

That doesn't really inspire me with confidence. Are other teams not going to be leaving their 18 yard area , at all ?

Requiring negotiation;

Sanchez

VVD

Fred

Mahrez

Requiring paying buy out clause;

Laporte

Harsh?

Last August they offered 60m for Alexis who wanted out and had one year left on his deal...Arsenal fucked around

They reportedly were willing to go to 60m on VVD, but Liverpool offered 75m

They reportedly offered 60m for Mahrez and LFC for some reason thought 95m was more reasonable.

I'd hardly blame City for any of those three transfers not happening.

$95m is no where near market value for Mahrez. its insane. He's a fine player, but that's crazy money. These numbers are getting over inflated by the Barca transfers but that was such an odd situation they almost have to be taken as outliers. Barca were already a team capable of spending huge amounts of money who happened to have had an influx of some 200m because PSG paid a clause nobody thought any team would have the balls to pay for the 3rd best player in the world. Barca are left with an enormous amount of money on hand and then use it to sign two very young, very talented players from Champions league teams. These teams had no reason to sell other than for astronomical sums of money, which Barca were able and willing to pay because they needed to calm their fan bases down with marquee signings. To extrapolate this as teh "new norm" is not reasonable. What teams out there can pay LFC 95m for Mahrez?? Us..maybe Chelsea if they sell Hazard. Madrid isnt signing him. PSG isnt signing him. Barca clearly arent..thats it, nobody else is spending that money. They are perfectly entitled to value him at whatever they want, that's not his market value. If they want to keep him, good on them, their choice. But don't blame other teams for looking at that tag and saying "yea, no chance, good luck on your future endevors."

Mate, with respect you're being short sighted.

If we'd acquired Sanchez for 500 thousand a week and then spent 95 million on Riyadh, unsettled the squad with players wanting more and putting our wage cap through the roof....then for the next 5 years we'd regress.

This year matters, but no way does it matter that every future signing has to be 90+ million and on wages of 400+ a week.

I'm not saying you're spitting out your dummy, but some folk on here tonight have been like spoilt brats.

The future matters, it's mattered from day one, Leicester or sanchezwont ruin that for us.

If you go back and read the Sanchez thread, mate. You will see I know and said all that and congratulated City many times. They acted properly there.

Here - unless we are missing some information - we acted very differently and tried to get a last minute cut price deal with the player encouraged to help us to it.

There are massive differences here between the way we handled both deals.

And in my view what message it sends out about us as a club which I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.