Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be playing tomorrow for sure
No chance, doubt he'll even be in the squad. What sort of message does that send to other players if he walks back in? We have a cup game next friday, no TV, perfect opportunity to get him on the pitch in a low profile game. We usually play the reserves in the cup as well, so it makes it look like he's dropped without really doing so. Chuck him back on the bench for the next premier league game and go from there.

I’d be surprised if he starts. What message does that send out to his team mates.

You can’t got missing for over a week and walk straight back into a team.

He might make the bench if he’s lucky.

For me he was always going to turn up for this game just for the publicity he will get he will be on the bench.

I wonder why today if not to play tomorrow or maybe we have told him to get back to work if he wants to join us in the summer
Hope he doesn't play as we don't need him on a mission

I wonder why today if not to play tomorrow or maybe we have told him to get back to work if he wants to join us in the summer
Hope he doesn't play as we don't need him on a mission
I think Pep likes to do things properly, he likes to see the best players playing, and he likes players to be humble with a good attitude. If he could have any influence I am sure Pep would be encouraging him back. Hopefully it will be a good opportunity for the parties to establish friendly relations and talk about a possible summer deal?

I think Pep likes to do things properly, he likes to see the best players playing, and he likes players to be humble with a good attitude. If he could have any influence I am sure Pep would be encouraging him back. Hopefully it will be a good opportunity for the parties to establish friendly relations and talk about a possible summer deal?
Hopefully the clubs are ok with each other and if we have helped nudge him back to work it might have smoothed things over even more

My guess is he wants to be there tomorrow - playing or not - looking like he is willing to forgive and forget.

For all we know both clubs have told his agent - get him back and we will talk about a deal between the clubs for the Summer when we are together this weekend.

Yes, Pep confirmed in his pre-match press conference he would like Mahrez to play. Classy manager.

Do you think they would be willing to go from 95m to 35m?
They could have asked for 200m. No one other than us has bid close to 50m for Mahrez.

All comparisons with Neymar and transfers of Coutinho or VVD are irrelevant as it is just the same PSG money flowing in the system when impacted clubs had to take action. Do not see other clubs just raising the bids for all other players.

Mahrez over the last 2 weeks has shown he is ready to take drastic action and there would have been some discussions between Mahrez and LC even if no promise that club would have to take a reasonable offer and in summer without urgency of taking care of injury situation highly unlikely we would be raising the bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.