Riyad or İlkay? Who have we missed most this season?

Ardent

Just watching the new Netflix series raised the argument. Maybe I'm missing something here but sometimes it seems one or both positions go missing. My feeling is Riyad. It seems Pep has tried, and failed, with many different skill sets, attempting to control that position.

Probably Ilkay but both is fairer. Both scored a lot more goals than their replacements.
Granted Foden has upped his game on that front to cover some of the loss.

We've missed them both, but if they'd stayed then we'd be having the same conversation next season.
Somewhere along the line you have to rebuild for the next period of complete dominance, just as Paisley and Ferguson did so successfully

I loved Gundog like a brother and he was undoubtedly more important to us but boy do I miss watching Mahrez kill 50 yard passes and take it perfectly in his stride with one exquisite touch

Gundogan was integral to us retaining possession in the middle of the park but also knowing when to carry the ball forward, even if that stopped at the opposing box. Mahrez allowed us the ability to pause on the right and stretch opponents. The loss of both Mahrez and Cole has reduced that opportunity, especially in the absence of Grealish, but Gundogan was more important overall. That said, we’d squeezed as much juice as we could from both and it was the best time to move on for all parties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.