Roberto Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayrshire_blue

Surprised we aren't being linked to this guy (yet). Creative attacking midfielder for Hoffenheim, scored on his Brazil debut late last year.

22 goals and 18 assists in the bundesliga for Hoffenheim over the past 2 seasons. Bayern, United and Arsenal all reportedly showing interest. Around £25m or so.

I've watched quite a lot of him, and Hoffenheim over the course of this season and the second part of last. He's an excellent player already, fantastic on the ball and would compliment Silva better than Nasri or Jovetic, in my opinion.

Only 23 too...

On the pitch 5 minutes at the Emirates and he's scored v Chile. Good finish round the keeper too.

His best role, like De Bruyne, is central and behind the striker, a role we hardly use because of our love for 4-4-2. And a role that Jovetic, Silva and Nasri can all play in but often don't get the chance to. He's been one of the best talents outside of Bayern in the Bundesliga for two seasons now and was brilliant last year. IMO De Bruyne is better in every department though except dribbling, at least going off this season's form

Looks a tidy player and if we are selling Nasri he looks then he might be worth taking a gamble on.

LoveCity said:
His best role, like De Bruyne, is central and behind the striker, a role we hardly use because of our love for 4-4-2. And a role that Jovetic, Silva and Nasri can all play in but often don't get the chance to. He's been one of the best talents outside of Bayern in the Bundesliga for two seasons now and was brilliant last year. IMO De Bruyne is better in every department though except dribbling, at least going off this season's form

I think it's best to understand Pellegrini and the types of players for his 4-4-2. The 2 so called wingers are inverted where they tuck in ala Silva and Nasri. For these positions he wants good ball control, passing ability and creativity. Ones you would find in a traditional no. 10's. These are the players he wants to control the game. The width is created by one of the 2 strikers going wide and the full backs pushing up. Occasionally he'll play with a true winger like Navas, but it is usually a plan b to stretch the opposition. I haven't seen much of Firmino, but if he is good technically and can create then I can see why we'd be in for him.

This is also why I think we might be in for Modric and it makes me think that he would be paired opposite of Silva in Nasri's slot rather than in Yaya's place. Just a thought.

I see the comparisons with KDB, LoveCity, and agree with you on it. But for me Firmino is the better of the two, and that's no slate on De Bruyne. De Bruyne may have the bigger reputation, and is more known globally having established himself with Belgium and having played for Chelsea in the PL. But ability wise he's not as talented as Firmino, for me anyway. I'm not advocating buying cheaper players who lack the quality we need, but I'd guess Firmino would cost 25m or so which would probably be 15m or so less than KDB.

A better player (imo!) for a lot less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.