Robinho Interview

Manchester_City_Blue

Found this

Robinho: the interview
What would it be like to interview Robinho? Despite the language problems, BBC Radio Manchester's Ian Cheeseman finally gets his man and talks to City's diminutive Brazilian superstar. [Interview translated from Portugese]

Meeting Robinho, the first thing you notice is that, not only is he smaller than most footballers but, considering his status as a worldwide superstar, he's also quite shy.

Robinho: Have Your Say on 606 >
I've wanted to interview Robinho since the moment he signed for Manchester City on transfer deadline back in September. I'm a self-confessed fan of Brazilian football which started back in 1970 when, as a ten year old boy, I was amazed by the football played by "the greatest team ever", which won the World Cup in Mexico.

Golden: Robinho has made his mark
Ever since that inspirational summer, I've dreamed of watching my club play like Rivolino, Jairzinho, Pele and Carlos Alberto did back then. I admit there's a risk of me viewing Brazilian football through gold-tinted spectacles, but that's how I am; I make no apology.

I've long since gone past the point of being star struck, but I was keen to meet to Robinho and talk to him. It wasn't an individual audience with the creative midfielder, but I had my chance to ask a few questions.

Interview: Robinho
Robinho: "I find speaking English difficult and prefer speaking in Portugese, even though I've been here now for quite a few months, but I'm well adapted to the English culture. I've found that English people are very well educated and have the patience to explain how things are said and done. I am happy to be playing in England and I hope to continuing my days in Europe playing in the Premier League.

"I play with a smile on my face and with inner happiness and I want to make City fans feel proud and leave the stadium with a smile on their faces"
Robinho, Manchester City"I have never regretted moving to City. It's my first year at the club and I am trying to get better and better and hopefully in the future I will be even happier here. I play with a smile on my face and with inner happiness and I want to make City fans feel proud and leave the stadium with a smile on their faces. My relationship with Mark Hughes is very good. He's an excellent manager. His expectations of me are very high because I'm the main person in our team but we have a very, very good relationship.

"Everybody can see what a good player Elano is. Because he's a Brazilian International he has a lot of qualities and as a friend and a team mate I hope he stays at City for many years to come, but that's not my decision. My aim is to remain at this football club for many years to come.

"For Brazil I play just behind the striker but for City I have got used to playing on the left had side and fell I have adapted well. As long as I play in an attacking midfield role, I will always do my best for the team. I'm used to the constant speculation about me in the press but it's not all true, so please remember that. I train every day and my mind is totally at this football club and I'm always happy.

"The false accusations that were made against me, earlier in the season, have not affected me, because I knew I was innocent and it did not affect my form. I always want to score goals and the fact I didn't for a few weeks is just coincidence.

"I feel City are making good progress on the field and I expect to win trophies here. I've won something every season, during my career, so hopefully that will continue next season."

Attacking
Interesting stuff from Robinho, and the defender who plays directly behind him, Wayne Bridge told me in a separate interview, that he isn't worried by the fact that Robinho doesn't do too much defending.

Bridge: "I'm happy to play with him, he's an attacking player and I knew that before I came with him, but that's why we play with three in midfield and hopefully they can help me out. I'm also hoping my one-one one defending will get better and better so that I can do the defending and he can concentrate on attacking!"

On a side note, I would love to see us go four across midfield and play him behind the striker against Bolton!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.