Robinho support

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Now Imagine it like this your a 18yr old Brazilian boy who is playing for your football idol's one and only team in Brazil of course anyway things are looking promising you start of showing promising things as you do as a upcoming star in the space of 3years you make an impressive 104 games scoring 44 goals and break into your national team then the biggest team in the world notice your ability and skill and even tho notice your a very lightweight player what you lack in stature you make up in skill.

Moving on the current team you play for find it very difficult keeping hold of you and loose out to a €24 bid you then move to said club at the age of 21 your obviously a bit nervous new surroundings new supporters new country but your first season goes well 37 games 14 goals things couldn't go better but then the next season you have a falling out with the current manager and spend a few months on the bench but then manage to break into the starting eleven again getting 11 goals and 14 assists you think maybe it was just a career hiccup people get them.

Until your third season at your second club of your career you find out that the clubs president threatened to ruin your career just to drive you away from the club you have helped in the past 2 seasons. An English Premier league team was after your signature people around the world know your name and your ability but the two clubs just couldn't reach an agreement and you really have your hopes on moving to this English club, The transfer window was edging to an end and you panic you know if you don't move your career is in for a nose dive but then on the last day of the window another English club not as popular as the first one but a great team none the less just had a massive take over a multibillion take over and try there luck for your signature and low and behold the two teams make an agreement at this point your not bothered on what competitions your playing in all you know is that this team want out and there in the best league in the world the league known for its passionate fans quality teams and shit weather you don't hesitate you sign on the dotted line.

You sign for this newly rejuvenated English club making plans for the future your a bit bummed on not signing for the original club that was in for you but you seem excited on this interesting challenge and at the age of only 24 so its coming up to match day and would you believe who your playing against but the team who wanted you in the first place and its at your new clubs home ground its a full house people are singing and looking forward to seeing you play. 13 mins into your first game and there's a foul outside the oppositions area you see this as a golden opportunity to make your mark you take a deep breath and hit the ball with you right boot it takes a deflection off the wall and hits the back of the net the stadium erupts and the fans are chanting you name you feel as tho you have won the lottery and this goes on for 3 months these fans being mesmerized by your skills your goals until your third darkest moment in your career you sustain an unusual injury in a league match against Arsenal and have to hobble of after this it just goes down hill from there you fail to impress your form is off you lack the ability to dribble score and then to make matters worse you get involved with an unusual disappearing act from a training ground and you finally get to meet the British press your in the headlines for all the wrong reasons now and life doesn't seem to be as glamorous now but the fans will still have your back..... won't they?

fast forward again you manage to patch things up with the manager and all is put behind but your form is still off balanced and still can't score and despite being the clubs top goal scorer the fans you thought we're behind you have turned there back on you they say on the radio how much they would want to get rid of you they question you passion and your determination for the club but a number off fans still get behind you and this is something you concentrate on to help you get through.

The reason for this post is that I hear people slating Robbie I have read a few forums people defending him from people like Stan Collymore (who claims to be a blue) and have heard a few people mention radio 5 live then this thing with Pele which has been cleared up and the thing about that girl saying he tried to rape her now I'm not saying Robbie has been at his best cause he is far from that and he knows that but the last thing he needs is to come to a new country AGAIN where the language barrier is far from different to the one in Spain and Brazil and the weather change as well as the living standards he doesn't need us blues giving him a hard time about it I'm sure most people would of got rid of Ireland last season I know I would of but look at him now he is 10 times the player he was last season we need to give Robbie some time show him some support he is young at heart and I think if we cheered him on showed support it would give him that moral boost that he needs.

I agree with your feelings on this. I think Robinho is doing the best thing by not responding to all the press' made-up bullshit. The one thing he has responded to was for an accusation of criminal activity without any proof being offered. He and Hughes have stated their positions and have left it alone for the time being, which is the only professional thing to do.

Until he is proven to have done anything illegal in a court of law, he has my full support. He should have all our support as a Blue, despite what you think about his current form.

Dunno bout his alleged criminal activities, but on the pitch we need to get behind the lad....once he gets a couple of goals the rest will come.

Needs to be in the middle as well.

The minority of idiots who are slating him have been waiting to do it all along, what their problem is I don't know. It can be the only explanation, because after his blistering start with City you'd have to be the ficklest of childish morons to go from supporting him to slagging him off in the space of a couple of months due to a bad patch of form. It's not even like he's played that badly bar the odd game or two. See those that love slagging Elano off saying he's been shite for 18 months despite several good games in that time.

With Petrov and Bellamy and Sturridge back Robinho is going to get a different kind of pressure for keeping his place in the team, one which I think is healthier than everyone relying on him to ignite every game we play. He'll be reet!

Lets give him our support. It is always hard for foreign players to adapt to English football. The lad has done nothing wrong, really, apart from one or two lackluster displays away from home and you can put that label on the whole team.

Every player has a dip in form now and then, and it is up to us to show some faith and give them our backing.

Micah Richards was being slated a few months ago. He is'nt now.

Richard Dunne was also being slated a few months ago. Where are the doubters now?

Let's have some patience with Robbie. The guy is a class act. I love watching him play, even now, when he is not at his best. Just think what the guy will be like when he gets his form back?

Nice to have a debate about whether we can be bothered to have a brazilian superstar in our ranks. not a patch on creaney though.

kinkladze96 said:
Nice to have a debate about whether we can be bothered to have a brazilian superstar in our ranks. not a patch on creaney though.

Nah. No way. He gave us real hope.

I wish people would get off his back. He's only had half a season, it took Torres nearly 2 years, the bin dippers were baying for his blood. The guy is class. AAB at home he should have had a nailed on penalty, he's hit the post, cross bar, keeper, supplied umpteen killer balls.
If you look at near misses we have had over recent games, when it clicks and it will someone is gonna take a battering. I just hope it is at the swamp.

blue1969 said:
I wish people would get off his back. He's only had half a season, it took Torres nearly 2 years, the bin dippers were baying for his blood. The guy is class. AAB at home he should have had a nailed on penalty, he's hit the post, cross bar, keeper, supplied umpteen killer balls.
If you look at near misses we have had over recent games, when it clicks and it will someone is gonna take a battering. I just hope it is at the swamp.
Is that a joke?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.