Roger Waters/Pink Floyd

He can't need the money. I'd imagine just the radio play royalties for DSOTM on US classic rock stations is enough to live on. Although I do wonder why he is only going to play in America next year.

Deep down, in his case, I agree pal, it’s an odd one. Maybe he’s driven by a desire to make up for lost time, to keep the flame/legacy alive now DG has stopped, to get as much in before he has to stop for physical/health reasons ... (?)

Will be a shame if Waters doesn't add UK dates next year as I doubt he has many tours left. Did you manage to get a copy of his latest album mate?

I finally got it - last Xmas, I think - not played it a huge amount but it's very good. Quite low key musically but works as whole album.

Would be a shame if he doesn't come to UK but maybe he will do Europe the following year. Clearly wants to pace himself at his age.

I finally got it - last Xmas, I think - not played it a huge amount but it's very good. Quite low key musically but works as whole album.

Would be a shame if he doesn't come to UK but maybe he will do Europe the following year. Clearly wants to pace himself at his age.
I think all of his solo stuff gets better on each listen.... I agree, at 76 Roger hasn't got too much touring left. I think his next UK tour will most probably be his last.

Deep down, in his case, I agree pal, it’s an odd one. Maybe he’s driven by a desire to make up for lost time, to keep the flame/legacy alive now DG has stopped, to get as much in before he has to stop for physical/health reasons ... (?)

Does sound as if he is making up for lost time on the live front. Even sounds like he might have done a Floyd tour if he and Dave could agree on stuff but seems like you have two guys who want to be in charge and cannot compromise enough. Shame, because, having seen them both solo relatively recently they could still put on a decent Floyd show but time is running out.

What a monster that would be though, in every sense. They may feel obliged to employ all the old toys in the staging plus adding new tricks. They'd need to play stadia and the poor luvs would probably end up breaking all box office records. I don't think Dave wants all that hassle and he doesn't need the money either.

I think all of his solo stuff gets better on each listen.... I agree, at 76 Roger hasn't got too much touring left. I think his next UK tour will most probably be his last.

I think you are right but it's no coincidence that my favourite track is the big Floydesque one - can't remember the title. I'll give it another play next week: it's still in the stack of cd's that are to be played again before getting filed.

Three bands that can’t be separated in my opinion
YES
PINK FLOYD
GENESIS
oh and Mott the Hoople

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.