Ron Paul - future president?

not my fault!

Team supported
God’s own
Ok being British I never take notice of American politics or your congressmen/women up for elections other than Obama. The reasoning for that was it was historical fact that in my lifetime I could see the first black president of the United states.

Tonight I came across Ron Paul & the film on YouTube (go watch it). For the first time I've become interested in what a candidate has had to say. From the outside looking in he seems the first person in my lifetime who's genuinely concerned about the country, the people & the constitution on which it's foundations are set.

He shows passion & pride & belief in the "forefathers" who forged the independence & the rights of the nation. However, because of these views he's not getting media coverage, when he does the stats are fixed to show he's not popular dispite gaining a huge payout of support from serving troops! $10,000 more than current president Obama recieved! What does that say?

Like I said, I'm an outsider looking in so what are the thoughts of our American followers? People say he has no chance but then declare him the "Jefferson of our time" a bold statement. He wants to audit the FED, to take away the power from the banks & also remove the IRS. He's a thinker, a leader rather than YES man... So based on that, what real hope does he have & what do the American public think/want/expect? He's desperate to remove troops & when asked "how soon would you bring them home?" he responded "as soon as I could get the ships there!".

IMO he'll gain popularity, more than the powers that be would like. He'll then suddenly be found dead, suspected heart attack or similar.

Right or wrong he's causing a stir.

I love Ron Paul, I even voted for him 4 years ago. Unfortunately some of his stances/policies are just too far out there and he'll never stand a chance. It is a shame though because I agree, he does seem to genuinely care about the country.

Oh well! Life's a woman

yankblue said:
I love Ron Paul, I even voted for him 4 years ago. Unfortunately some of his stances/policies are just too far out there and he'll never stand a chance. It is a shame though because I agree, he does seem to genuinely care about the country.

Oh well! Life's a woman

Why would American not vote for him though? In's recent poll Obama recieved 41% vote & Paul 42% so he is liked.
They are predicting he'll run as an Independant possibly.

If you had a dog and were having some trouble with allergies, you'd probably go to the doctor in the hopes that he'd prescribe you some allergy medication, or perhaps you'd go to a vet to get some special wash for the dog's coat. If you went to Ron Paul, he'd tell you that the best way to fix your allergy problem is to kill your dog. He's right, killing the dog would end your allergy issue, but it's not a viable solution based upon the current situation.

I'll stick with the other politicians who offer medicine and coat washes because I like my dog, and I don't believe dog killers make the best doctors or vets.

In related news, I also do not chop off my leg when I have an ingrown toenail.

etc.

If you like Paul you should check out Dennis Kucinich. Paul is too far out on some issues, great on others.

The problem really is with who is invited to the televised debates. Generally, guys like Paul or Mike Gravel types don't get invited. They might do one, but they get cut out of the picture by the media who decides who the candidates are by the narrative developed through their choice of coverage. No conspiracy theory, if the media will not cooperate with a candidate it is incredibly hard for that candidate to get there platform across.

green pennies said:
If you had a dog and were having some trouble with allergies, you'd probably go to the doctor in the hopes that he'd prescribe you some allergy medication, or perhaps you'd go to a vet to get some special wash for the dog's coat. If you went to Ron Paul, he'd tell you that the best way to fix your allergy problem is to kill your dog. He's right, killing the dog would end your allergy issue, but it's not a viable solution based upon the current situation.

I'll stick with the other politicians who offer medicine and coat washes because I like my dog, and I don't believe dog killers make the best doctors or vets.

In related news, I also do not chop off my leg when I have an ingrown toenail.

etc.

How about you give your dog to someone without an allergy .

Andy Dale said:
Vote for Ron Jeremy instead I say.
That's who I thought this thread was about tbh! Who's Ron Paul then? Is it that tranny that sung with Elton John?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.