Rooney & Sir Alex Bust Up?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bobmcfc said:
We aren't arguing Bob...Fuck me not another pessimistic post from yourself.

Why won't it happen? And why wouldn't you want it to happen. Take the blue tints off just for one second and think about it.
i think you have me confused with one of the other bobs ( there are a few) im one of the least miserable bobs around.

My apologies mate.

no worries. i was all up for it last time but i feel he used us to get a better contract.

Re: Re: Rooney & Sir Alex Bust Up?

johnmc said:
Unknown_Genius said:

I don't see the sense in paying whatever over-inflated price for him, he's going to cost a premium being English. Its not like we need a striker, and paying that much for a position that isn't a priority just seems like buying for the sake of it, just so we can say "Hey, we have Rooney!". I would rather we payed the 12 million Birmingham want for Redmond. I also question his attitude. If Ferguson feels like United are better off without him, then thats not a good sign. Mancini is similar and I can't see him putting up with it. Then there's giving United potentially 60 million to rebuild in areas that they need. We could potentially be strengthening our rivals. He'll also be what? 27 by the time he could join? Its not like he's a player who has all his best years ahead of him. By 30 he could be going downhill, we could end up with a Torres situation on our hands. So, for me its a no go.

Did taggart do a good job rebuilding with Ronaldo money? Not bad obviously as they won the league but i dont think they are as.good as when ronaldo was there. So they might not strengthen as much as they would be weakened. They would need replace him for starters and to do a half decent job that would take a large chunk of any fee and whoever they bought is not likely to be as good as rooney. So lets say they bought a £30m striker and also Sneider. Would that make them a better side. Possibly. But would rooney improve us. Definitely.

And age thing is in no way shape or form an issue. He's 27!!!

I love blues who talk with their brain and step aside from their undoubted love of all things City. I think a few should take a leaf out of your book.
Like many said.It 99% wont even happen but I would love it if Rooney signed for City and 99% on here would to

sweep said:
Can't speak for UG but there are a couple of glaringly obvious reasons for me:

Firstly he's hugely overrated (mainly by the English sports media and those who lap up it's hype) and very inconsistent, always has been. We already have a better main striker in Aguero and I don't think they'd complement each other in the same starting line up.

Secondly, take a step back and look at the Tevez situation, he's not on his way out because of his footballing attributes, he's on his way because he's a **** who thinks he's bigger than the club. I doubt those in charge of our club are dim enough to replace one hugely overblown ego with another.

Over-rated-Deary me....
I take it all back, you've convinced me!

Pigeonho said:
mat said:
keeps the Blackburn result of the back pages i suppose....
Really?! Seriously?!

Talkshite and Sky are talking more about a lovers tiff rather than questioning slur phalix's team selection, tactics and performance.

sweep said:
sweep said:
Can't speak for UG but there are a couple of glaringly obvious reasons for me:

Firstly he's hugely overrated (mainly by the English sports media and those who lap up it's hype) and very inconsistent, always has been. We already have a better main striker in Aguero and I don't think they'd complement each other in the same starting line up.

Secondly, take a step back and look at the Tevez situation, he's not on his way out because of his footballing attributes, he's on his way because he's a **** who thinks he's bigger than the club. I doubt those in charge of our club are dim enough to replace one hugely overblown ego with another.

Over-rated-Deary me....
I take it all back, you've convinced me!

Sweep-Rooney is a class footballer of that there is no doubt and he is better than dzecko who I also rate highly. This isn't a Rooney wank fest just a point of view that in my opinion he would improve our squad for many years to come!

Not that is is going to happen but doesn't mean we can't debate it!

Unknown_Genius said:

I don't see the sense in paying whatever over-inflated price for him, he's going to cost a premium being English. Its not like we need a striker, and paying that much for a position that isn't a priority just seems like buying for the sake of it, just so we can say "Hey, we have Rooney!". I would rather we payed the 12 million Birmingham want for Redmond. I also question his attitude. If Ferguson feels like United are better off without him, then thats not a good sign. Mancini is similar and I can't see him putting up with it. Then there's giving United potentially 60 million to rebuild in areas that they need. We could potentially be strengthening our rivals. He'll also be what? 27 by the time he could join? Its not like he's a player who has all his best years ahead of him. By 30 he could be going downhill, we could end up with a Torres situation on our hands. So, for me its a no go.

What a load of tosh this is.We don't need another striker? I think you will be eating your words when the Argentinian gets fucked off and we get an injury or 2. Why does everyone have a hangup about giving the rags money. Fuck me get over yourself. They may have debt but they also have revenue streams that are very very impressive.The glaziers I feel will fuck off eventually so getting Rooney would be fantastic business for city. by 30 he will be going down hill?? He is coming into his prime right now so we would get a good 4-5 years out of him. Strengthening our rivals. Don't you mean mortally wounding them. They will never find a replacement like Rooney no matter how much we give them and the Glaziers obviously have tight control over the purse strings despite what Gill spouts.

-- Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:56 pm --

Ric said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Why is everyone assuming he will be sold?

I was wondering the same thing. People are taking it as given that he will be sold, but I don't think there's any chance of that happening.

Ric...Never said he would be sold.The debate started when I said I would take Rooney for Tevez. I agree he will probably not be sold but if he was to be there is no doubting city will be sniffing. The debate is would he improve our squad? Fucking right he would pal

We've barely used "The Argentinian" (I'm guessing you mean Tevez) all season, and have done pretty well, so why would we need him now, or a 4th striker? 3 is enough, as we often play one striker anyway. We'll look like right fools giving them 60 million for a player they don't want, them getting the likes of Sneijder, and co, and beating us to the title, while we have Rooney kicking up a fuss, and being his usual inconsistent self. History shows that United can manage when a big player goes, RVN left - won title that season, Beckham left - Ronaldo came, Ronaldo and Tevez leave - win title, reach Champions League final 2 seasons later. Someone else will come in, or step up. Was he even that crucial to them winning the title last season? You could argue Berbatov was more important, or Nani. At 30 he will be going down hill, if he keeps drinking, and going out late.

mat said:
Pigeonho said:
mat said:
keeps the Blackburn result of the back pages i suppose....
Really?! Seriously?!

Talkshite and Sky are talking more about a lovers tiff rather than questioning slur phalix's team selection, tactics and performance.
I thought i'd been wound up! Did Fergie drop him then incase they got beat, meaning this story could be used to hide a result not dropping him would have prevented?!

Unknown_Genius said:
Unknown_Genius said:

What a load of tosh this is.We don't need another striker? I think you will be eating your words when the Argentinian gets fucked off and we get an injury or 2. Why does everyone have a hangup about giving the rags money. Fuck me get over yourself. They may have debt but they also have revenue streams that are very very impressive.The glaziers I feel will fuck off eventually so getting Rooney would be fantastic business for city. by 30 he will be going down hill?? He is coming into his prime right now so we would get a good 4-5 years out of him. Strengthening our rivals. Don't you mean mortally wounding them. They will never find a replacement like Rooney no matter how much we give them and the Glaziers obviously have tight control over the purse strings despite what Gill spouts.

Ric said:
I was wondering the same thing. People are taking it as given that he will be sold, but I don't think there's any chance of that happening.

Ric...Never said he would be sold.The debate started when I said I would take Rooney for Tevez. I agree he will probably not be sold but if he was to be there is no doubting city will be sniffing. The debate is would he improve our squad? Fucking right he would pal

We've barely used "The Argentinian" (I'm guessing you mean Tevez) all season, and have done pretty well, so why would we need him now, or a 4th striker? 3 is enough, as we often play one striker anyway. We'll look like right fools giving them 60 million for a player they don't want, them getting the likes of Sneijder, and co, and beating us to the title, while we have Rooney kicking up a fuss, and being his usual inconsistent self. History shows that United can manage when a big player goes, RVN left - won title that season, Beckham left - Ronaldo came, Ronaldo and Tevez leave - win title, reach Champions League final 2 seasons later. Someone else will come in, or step up. Was he even that crucial to them winning the title last season? You could argue Berbatov was more important, or Nani. At 30 he will be going down hill, if he keeps drinking, and going out late.

Without Rooney they would be nowhere near us in the league right now. He makes the fuckers tick and you know it. Take him out the team (as yesterday) and see what happens.If he is gone permanently they will go downhill fast. Schneider-he is so fucking overated and injury prone it is untrue.

Re: Re: Rooney & Sir Alex Bust Up?

Unknown_Genius said:
Unknown_Genius said:

Ric said:

Stop thinking about the rags though and who would come in for them and how they will still be a big team. That's the situation for the foreseeable.

However ask yourself if rooney would improve us. Thats all that matters really. And if you don't think Rooney is a better player than Edin or Mario then fair enough we don't need him. Personally i think he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.