Rooney transfer speculation in here please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Get Rooney Now!

What a lot of people are also failing to see is that he's clearly declining as a footballer, he hit his peak in 2010 & had a great season the year we won the title because he was there focal point & there entire attack was geared to support him. In reality he's loosing pace, mobility, his finishing & confidence seems to be nowhere near what they once were & due to his natural physique he will be lucky to make it to 32 before retiring with the way he plays the game.

It would be a horrendous signing, £40m+ for a declining player who would command wages of £200,000 a week minimum...

Bollocks.
To.
That.

True_Blue69 said:
To be honest my one of my most hated rags ever was Schmeichel and by the end of the season I had warmed to him. Football is a very fickle sport and all it would take is him to score a few goals, play with 100% commitment and people would soon change their mins. Look at Tevez after Munich and the reaction by blues, didn't see any mass protests when he came back.

Can't see us signing him but just saying.

There's technicalities. Schmeichel didn't join us directly from U****d and Tevez was a free agent. Neither were sold from them to City.

I still don't see Rooney ever signing for City and am against any move happening. He's everything that's wrong with the modern day footballer and, ultimately, past his prime.

I've just had a look at Skybet and Rooney is being offered at a huge quote of 50/1. Even the stingy gooners are quoted at 10/1, and that's one club which certainly won't pay him the money he would demand. I know that bookies can make mistakes, but they don't make almighty clangers at odds like these, so we can confidently expect no move from City for Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.