Roots Hall to the Bernabeu.

bluesteve1964

Almost exactly 26 years ago I watched City play out a 0-0 draw against Southend in darkest Essex. Our forward line was led by Trevor Christie. Don't remember much of the game after a day on the beer, but the highlight was a Blue invading the pitch celebrating a goal for it to subsequently disallowed. Typical City.
In the following 26 years I have been to right shit holes all over the country on a roller coaster of highs and more lows but I wouldn't change it for anything.
On Tuesday I will be in the Bernabeu cheering on City, yes my City playing Real Madrid, with Tevez and Aguero up front. Cannot believe where we are now and I am loving every minute of it. There are lots on here who have been on the same journey and appreciate where we have come from.
Can't wait for Madrid but will never forget our roots(hall).

Nearly 14 years ago i was watching city draw 1-1 with chesterfield at maine road what a fantastic day that was.

iwas at that match was it the first match after billy mcneill walked out ?

Needless to say, singing "We're not really here" could not have more relevance than on Tuesday night.

From the Bescot Stadium to the Bernabeu ...... unbelievable.

Ah but were you at York Away ?

Seriously though great post. I will also be there on Tuesday. I have been going a little bit longer than you but never seen us anywhere near the likes of the Bernabau or however you spell it. I am leaving first thing tomorrow, M/cr to Madrid via Palma. Come on.

What a club. Posts like the OP's make you remember what it's all about.

My personal favourite and I use the term very loosely was losing at Halifax even back then in 1979? or so we were a million miles from this sort of game and our team was pretty good on paper compared to the mid 90's.

I've been the length and breadth of England and some Euro aways but financially can only do homes and a couple of aways at the moment. All you guys going out there give a shout for me and all the other old sufferers.

i was at the chesterfield game,if i remember rightly we told the chesterfield fans to shove their fuckin spire up their arse...sideways!!!

when the fixtures came out for that season and it read..
blackpool (h)
fulham (a)
wrexham (h)
notts county (a)
macclesfield (a)
etc....

...never in my wildest dreams did i think (a) we would ever win the fa cup, (b)winning the premiership wasn`t even in my thoughts,(c)we would be competeing in the champions league...
the auto windscreens was on the horizon for big joe and our boys yet tonight i find myself looking at our fixtures and it reads real madrid (a) champions league fixture...
sometimes you just don`t know what`s around the corner!!

Unfortunately I cannot get to the bernabeu on Tuesday as work makes it impossible,so as a blue of over 40 years
and having done my time schlepping up and down the country and let's be honest to some of the worst grounds in england,I wanna wish everybody who is able to get there a safe and enjoyable trip and hopefully we will see a famous win and make a big statement.
It's still hard to believe how far the club has come in such a short space of time and at times I have to punch myself,I still keep thinking did becoming champions really happen.
One last thing to my mates lee and tez who I have gone to the games with for far to long and are going on tuesday,fuck off you jammy bastards :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.