Running thread

started 10k at the age of 34. first race 50 minutes, then in a few months i run a 43 minute.. and stuck there for a few years. then i changed my training method to ''brain training'' (the book is brain training for runners / m.fitzgerald) the method is nearly the same as (80/20) but it explains clearly why 80/20 works; and about exercise psychology (i am into that academically also).... then 5 months training with this method i run 38 min /10k at the age of 38 (sure weight is the most important thing also for running-matt fitzgerald is also a pro in nutrition)
anyway i just wanted to share with you the name of the book. Matt Fitzgerald ''Brain Training for runners''. i dont wanna share pdf here but you may find it also at libgen.is...
i just saw this thread. i will visit here more often. nice to meet you... cheers
“The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die.” Prefountaine

They're really impressive times. I don't think I'd ever get to 38 min / 10k!! Well done.

I'll check the book out too!

Reactions: ob
guys, i was a drunk that day... i am gonna share my knowledge with you soon.

prob i am the one who is following the latest developments in exercise physiology and exercise psychology...i am an acedemician... i study psychology. as i told you before. this stuff is psychological.
aaaa, too many to write... i will come back....

the thing is, just beieve your training method
but in order to believe your traingin method you have to believe it :)))
it is a vicous cycle....
but what i know is:
in short run, who runs better? the one who believes that he/she trained well.

but in long run as usual, entropy ( in pyhysics) and in social sciences, everythin is tended to go back to normal...
so you can believe your training, and do well in a race
but in the long run, you suck... everything is tended to be normal
watch oppenheimer...

cheers

ok it is 80 /20

it works....
so no need to get deeper. if anyone wants to run well do 80/20
thats what i do...

but, if anyone really wanna go deeper.... i will write about it... cheers..

ok: HOMEOSTHASIS
it means our body tend sto be in a normal state ''80 bpm''
when we run we can increase it to ..... whatever.. no limit some say that ... anyway.. ther is no limit.... at my age it is 184 but in race i see 190
YOU CAN NOT DIE.
just know that..
if you die, you can die, when your heart is beatin 150 (you may have a heart attack there).... that means you have a problem with your heart
our body regulates evertyhing. we do not die... push the limits.
thats the logic ::)))))
i know.... it seems for some of you insane. but
believe me
you can not kill yourself
1st rule is that: you can not kill yourselves... thats what we call homeosthasis...
ooo too many to write...
by the way
i wann give citations... i am an academican... if anyoone doesnt belive me... ok you may be right...
but i am writing accorgin to the academic papers.
cheers.

so run
push the limits.

2021 bodrum run.. i am kissing my mj shirt
since i love his quote (IF YOU DO NOT WANNA PLAY THAT WAY... DONT PLAY THAT WAY)

by the wAY: i am nothing....

as M.Kemal.Ataturk said '' if you have a doubt one day about my words, choose science''

about long distance runnig, the words i said is scientific. but scienc is a method, just a method.
people think that, science is 100% right but even psyscics is not 100%right...
so the thinhs i wrote is just my opinion....
cheers...

Attachments

• sicence.jpg
    sicence.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
ok: who wanna do a progress in his/her race time...
put of weight...
1 kg= in 10k 20 seconds in each km
that is not scientific. but if you wanna do progress 1st lose weight..

if you dont wanna lose weight. i dont know. weight is evertyhing in long distance running.

ok i saw some of you worte 25 minutes 5 k

you shoud do much better...
push it.. and you ll see you ll be around 24.... believe me...
if you are doing 25.. 24 is easy..

some say that running is not healthy...
one of the articles that i am most impressed ia m sendign below..
pls read it.. ok i can not attac a pdf. but anyonne interested. i may send it.chhers
check this header and you cand download it...

Endurance running and the evolution of Homo

Striding bipedalism is a key derived behaviour of hominids that possibly originated soon after the divergence of the chimpanzee and human lineages. Although bipedal gaits include walking and running, running is generally considered to have played no major role in human evolution because humans, like apes, are poor sprinters compared to most quadrupeds. Here we assess how well humans perform at sustained long-distance running, and review the physiological and anatomical bases of endurance running capabilities in humans and other mammals. Judged by several criteria, humans perform remarkably well at endurance running, thanks to a diverse array of features, many of which leave traces in the skeleton. The fossil evidence of these features suggests that endurance running is a derived capability of the genus Homo, originating about 2 million years ago, and may have been instrumental in the evolution of the human body form.​

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.