Running thread

How's about you get down off your high horse and read it again? "This doesn't need to go further" "form of bullying" what a load of twaddle, the lads were having a light hearted bit of Craic and were hardly hounding the lad off the forum, I really doubt there was any call for your self important lecture, there's plenty of mods on here to pull anyone who crosses the line, as you say yourself "if you don't like what someone posts ignore them"

I've been reported and banned for less off grasses, hence why I won't take it further. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I felt @BlueHammer85 and others crossed the line, which is why I'm calling it out. If he says it's meant as light-hearted then fair enough, but it clearly hasn't been translated as that going off Kerem's response.

It's easy to mouth off and ridicule others. My point is that this is often lost in translation, and we can actually learn more from listening to others' opinions, especially those with more ability than ourselves. But that is lost on most Brits.

I've been reported and banned for less off grasses, hence why I won't take it further. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I felt @BlueHammer85 and others crossed the line, which is why I'm calling it out. If he says it's meant as light-hearted then fair enough, but it clearly hasn't been translated as that going off Kerem's response.

It's easy to mouth off and ridicule others. My point is that this is often lost in translation, and we can actually learn more from listening to others' opinions, especially those with more ability than ourselves. But that is lost on most Brits.
Fair enough you've made yer point, it's a forum thats what its for.
You have to take into account that @BlueHammer85 is a Cockney so technically he's also not of our tongue.
Best to get back to topic and leave all that shite where it is.
I actually bought the book kerem recommended, looking forward to breaking 30 on my 10k time

Fair enough you've made yer point, it's a forum thats what its for.
You have to take into account that @BlueHammer85 is a Cockney so technically he's also not of our tongue.
Best to get back to topic and leave all that shite where it is.
I actually bought the book kerem recommended, looking forward to breaking 30 on my 10k time
If you break 30 for 10km let us know, and we'll all buy the book.

Thanks mate, yep I'm still in the research stage for the bike, the original ribble I was looking at simply isn't available, them ribble bikes are difficult to get off the shelf, and you have to wait months for them(far beyond my shiney new toy patience threshold) I'm currently looking between a cube gravel and some endurance bikes.
Back on topic ish, my reasoning behind the bike is to add another string to the fitness bow to hopefully improve my running, I do use the watt bike at the gym a bit, but would always prefer to be outside.
Running wise I'm currently in a bit of a rut, haven't raced at all this year since Boston/London and have been in a spiral of fitness/motivation/injury/work/family kind of pickle, I probably just need to start setting a few targets to whet the appetite.
As with anything everything's rosey in the garden when your training well but once you take the foot off the pedal it's tricky to get going again, the Mrs and work don't help with that tbh, she's no interest at all in it and makes out like my running is a hindrance to our family, even though I run before any of them get out of bed, go figure!!
I highly recommend cycling as string to the fitness bow. I was a cyclist first and foremost and only took up running one winter in a bid to dip under the hour for the 25 mile time trial. It certainly helped as I recorded a series of PBs the following summer. After that got primarily into running. Whether it will work as well the other way, I'm not sure. Personally thought running developed the cardio more and the bike developed the muscles more....but cycling, not running muscle. If you get me?

Shouldn't do any harm though. As you long as you don't fall off.

Is the 80/20 the cycle / run split?

Enough nonsense for now.

Last edited:
One for each foot.
And one left and one right foot. And both the same size.

I speak from the experience of arriving at our holiday destination one summer and unpacking to discover that my son (aged about 8 at the time) had brought two left footed flip flops of different sizes. His mother had took him holiday shopping the day before and bought them in a rush whilst he was misbehaving in the shop. She went mental when she realised what happened. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, laughing my head off whilst she ranted and raved and my poor son was crying his eyes out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.