Running thread

Went out at dawn for a training run earlier, and got to say again how much easier it feels in cooler conditions. What a difference a couple of weeks makes!
If anyone is considering starting couch to 5k, this time of year or late winter is the time to start!
Don't wait until January with the rest of the New Year's resolution Muppets. You are doomed to fail as it will be all start / stop with icy and snowy conditions, and you'll have little motivation to get out there in crap weather and on dark mornings and evenings.
I'm lucky enough to be retired and able to adjust my run times around daylight and ideal temperatures around the year, but I appreciate the "economically active" don't have that option.

Went out at dawn for a training run earlier, and got to say again how much easier it feels in cooler conditions. What a difference a couple of weeks makes!
If anyone is considering starting couch to 5k, this time of year or late winter is the time to start!
Don't wait until January with the rest of the New Year's resolution Muppets. You are doomed to fail as it will be all start / stop with icy and snowy conditions, and you'll have little motivation to get out there in crap weather and on dark mornings and evenings.
I'm lucky enough to be retired and able to adjust my run times around daylight and ideal temperatures around the year, but I appreciate the "economically active" don't have that option.
This This and This again!! Morning running at this time of year is where the good stuff is

Great effort mate, I did a trail 10k this week, which admittedly was way down on this time last year, but, still a few mins quicker than my effort a month ago. Hopefully the legs are getting a bit of speed back.

Good work!

Intervals are the way to go to improve speed. Hill sprints are great for trail running.

A few years ago I was training for a trail half marathon with a seasoned hill runner - trying to keep up with him on Rivington Pike/Winters Hill was something nightmares are made of :’)

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.