Running thread

We were in Norway at the weekend and it was icy as fuck. I went out for a run on Sunday morning and managed not to slip over. Some of the paths were like running on an ice rink. There were parts where I had to run through snow, which worked the legs like running on sand does.

I went to a floating sauna afterwards, which included jumping into icy water and it sorted me right out. I was buzzing for about 5 hours afterwards.
Always fancied an event in one of the Scandinavian countries - embed one in a small break over there.

I can imagine the ice water being beneficial.
Was speaking to a fellow runner on the drive down to that Stockport race on Sunday.
We both do cold showers every morning (not together....) and neither of us have been hit by a substantial cold this winter (despite those close to us/family all getting floored by a few bugs).

Probably a combination of that and general fitness, but seems there's a lot to that and a strong immune system.

54 mins.
Not bad and I wasn't pushing at all so I reckon I could go sub 50 next time.
Really enjoyed it and as my first event I'll be back (and now plan to do others).
Think there's a couple in Wilmslow and Poynton soon.
I did a slow 6k last night. In the rain with podcast - worked a treat.

Thanks for the advice!!

you will definitely get there, I've still to get a sub 50 min but my longer runs are quicker (well they were before this op)

Running in the rain is great

you will definitely get there, I've still to get a sub 50 min but my longer runs are quicker (well they were before this op)

Running in the rain is great
It is.
I went out again this evening for a steady 7k.
Headphones on, soon warmed up you get into this zone/cocoon and it's such a good feeling.

General advice to push up distances but not worry too much about pace?

Definitely heading for a new half marathon soon. An event one, rather than a solo, dark winter half like the prevuious two.

It is.
I went out again this evening for a steady 7k.
Headphones on, soon warmed up you get into this zone/cocoon and it's such a good feeling.

General advice to push up distances but not worry too much about pace?

Definitely heading for a new half marathon soon. An event one, rather than a solo, dark winter half like the prevuious two.

My recommendation is to do one of two big Manchester HM's. They have one in May and the other is end of the year

Both are fast courses and both have a slight incline across the race. But yeah I've noticed I keep around the 5/6 min a mile I do ok. (I did 3 HM races last year and a 10 Miler)

Rains lovely, even better if its rain when its been sweltering!

My recommendation is to do one of two big Manchester HM's. They have one in May and the other is end of the year

Both are fast courses and both have a slight incline across the race. But yeah I've noticed I keep around the 5/6 min a mile I do ok. (I did 3 HM races last year and a 10 Miler)

Rains lovely, even better if its rain when its been sweltering!
Current ’take it easy’ chatting pace is around 5.40 / km (but sure what that is is miles) but can push that in a park run.

Definitely want to do one of the Manchester half marathons. Trouble is the May one could be very hot and heat is a struggle to run in for me (much more of a cold weather runner).

Would love to push for a full marathon but I suspect I’d need to put in the proper training.

I know a guy doing London so may jump on some of his training.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.