Running thread

After picking up a niggling knee issue during the London marathon, which I aggravated by running too soon afterwards and then, stupidly, playing football, I've had three weeks off. Last week I did three walks in the Lake District without issue and then back running this week. Three gentle runs of 27k in total and I feel ok. As per previous advice I will book a half-marathon and possibly a full for the autumn. Intend to kind of follow 'Hal Higdon's 3 runs per week' marathon plan as I like structure. Put on about half a stone and drinking a little too much. Hope to get back to self-discipline asap..

whats this hal higdon plan CC?

I’m working nights at moment so plenty of time to Google. Most training plans look similar but have you running 5 days a week. This one is only 3 days a week plus cross training, suits me more than just running.

3 miles before work this morning. Hot even at half 7 this morning. My mate ran a half at weekend in Northern Ireland. Biggest DNF since race started. 2 in hospital one with kidney issues due to dehydration and one female runner had to be resuscitated just before finish. Take care out there if out and about even if walking

Finally completed my 50th Parkrun this morning at Isabel Trail after 2 weeks off going to Wembley and Istanbul.
Was a very steady 32:08 this morning due to the temperature & humidity so was more of a trudge than a run.
I'm clearly not built for summer weather so already looking forward to Autumn in terms of running.

Finally completed my 50th Parkrun this morning at Isabel Trail after 2 weeks off going to Wembley and Istanbul.
Was a very steady 32:08 this morning due to the temperature & humidity so was more of a trudge than a run.
I'm clearly not built for summer weather so already looking forward to Autumn in terms of running.
Great effort mate

Did you get an official clap?
Well done hitting 50

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.