Running thread

Horrible things them geese, there really needs to be a cull of em, but folk think it's nice to feed em, have done that kind of run loads of times wondering are they going to be round the next corner

I got chased by one a few weeks ago, but thankfully only got hissed at this morning!

Reactions: ob
Hi guys - I seem to have jumped from ASICS 2000 8 to ASICS 2000 10! Anyone into their ASICS - these seem a tighter fit and look like they will need a fair bit of breaking in ? Hopefully they will ease off soon …

Reactions: ob
Hi guys - I seem to have jumped from ASICS 2000 8 to ASICS 2000 10! Anyone into their ASICS - these seem a tighter fit and look like they will need a fair bit of breaking in ? Hopefully they will ease off soon …
I wore Asics GT2000 for about 12 years (not the same pair) but have moved to Nike now. Sorry, I haven't got the v10 so I can't help so this reply is pointless really.

Never mind the Canadian geese, I had a wasp fly straight up my nostril 3 miles into a 10 miler this morning, fuck me that hurt, took me half a mile to get it out, and then the rest of the run nostrils and eyes streaming, got a silver on the strava segment while I was busy trying to snort and shake the fucker out of me head, every cloud I guess, but boy did that hurt

I wore Asics GT2000 for about 12 years (not the same pair) but have moved to Nike now. Sorry, I haven't got the v10 so I can't help so this reply is pointless really.
Oh no worries mate - I had the o for a few hours last night ? Now al day at the cricket so my feet are definitely getting used to them !

Week 6 run 3 completed, wow sweaty, but a great way to start my last day off :)
Treadmill again, was feeling it in my back and calves, can anyone recommend a good pre and post run stretching video, I'm not doing them ,all I'm doing is a 5 minute brisk walk before and after

Treadmill again, was feeling it in my back and calves, can anyone recommend a good pre and post run stretching video, I'm not doing them ,all I'm doing is a 5 minute brisk walk before and after

Before and after runs I do:
5 x standing on one leg & holding the other up to my arse on each leg (is it called a flamingo pose or something?)
5 x lunges on each leg
5 x squats.
Then walk briskly for 5 - 10 minutes to where I want to start my runs.
In addition to this, when I do Parkruns, I do 2 lots of jogging for a minute or so just to satisfy myself that my knees still work
Seems to work for me & has kept me injury free so far.

I like Adriene.. https://yogawithadriene.com/yoga-runners-cool/

I'm a believer in regular stretching/yoga - although I find yoga a bit boring at times. The best yoga I've found for me is Ashtanga, it sort of feels like a work-out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.