Running thread

Maidstone Half Marathon done

Went into it with a very bruised foot after footie yesterday, Ice pack all last night and barely walk. Woke up and went jog to test it and felt ok.

After 3-4 miles into race pain was deffo reduced and could run good , was unexpected as I was sure I was gonna pull out. So felt happy with that and managed to run it dead on 2 hours. Hilly tough course. But perfect weather and good vibe.

Can barely walk now and gonna have couple days off. Would dearly love pub today and a few beers but doing month off - which has helped my fitness for sure.

Next main race, Swanley Parkrun next Saturday to beat my mate who holds a PB over me. War.

A work colleague also did Maidstone half today..

For me, final long run before marathon. Have been putting it off due to a lingering cold but 31k today, didn't feel too bad which is encouraging. Have given up on gels/chews and take dates and dried cranberries out with me, these seem to suit me much more. Apart from alcohol I don't generally consume much in the way of processed foods so maybe the more natural option makes sense.

Into taper now. Have really been focusing on stretching left hamstring. Will do local parkrun on Saturday and reduce mileage overall.

Ran the Valencia half this morning. Last minute entry due to a mate dropping out. Hadn't trained for it so went into it with no pressure or expectations and really enjoyed it.

Started in the last wave which was a bit of a pain as I was zig zigging through crowds of runners but conditions were perfect. Finished in 1:45:54 (5:01/km). Well chuffed with that and even a bit gutted for not pushing myself more because I felt I had loads left in the tank. Glad to get a race and some miles in the legs to push on now.

Just see your Strava, 7 mins miles the last 3-4. Crazy

Maidstone Half Marathon done

Went into it with a very bruised foot after footie yesterday, Ice pack all last night and barely walk. Woke up and went jog to test it and felt ok.

After 3-4 miles into race pain was deffo reduced and could run good , was unexpected as I was sure I was gonna pull out. So felt happy with that and managed to run it dead on 2 hours. Hilly tough course. But perfect weather and good vibe.

Can barely walk now and gonna have couple days off. Would dearly love pub today and a few beers but doing month off - which has helped my fitness for sure.

Next main race, Swanley Parkrun next Saturday to beat my mate who holds a PB over me. War.
Well done mate.

Just followed you on Strava, good going that!

Ran the Valencia half this morning. Last minute entry due to a mate dropping out. Hadn't trained for it so went into it with no pressure or expectations and really enjoyed it.

Started in the last wave which was a bit of a pain as I was zig zigging through crowds of runners but conditions were perfect. Finished in 1:45:54 (5:01/km). Well chuffed with that and even a bit gutted for not pushing myself more because I felt I had loads left in the tank. Glad to get a race and some miles in the legs to push on now.
That’s a great effort! You must have a really high base level of fitness.

Just seen your run on Strava, given you a follow!

Can anybody advise for or against starting the couch to 5k with an inguinal hernia? I could be waiting a while for surgery, however, the last few weeks I've just been going to work (office job) and then coming home and doing next to nothing and I'm getting a bit fed up of it now.

I'd like to be doing some form of exercise but at the same time I don't want to make things worse.

Can anybody advise for or against starting the couch to 5k with an inguinal hernia? I could be waiting a while for surgery, however, the last few weeks I've just been going to work (office job) and then coming home and doing next to nothing and I'm getting a bit fed up of it now.

I'd like to be doing some form of exercise but at the same time I don't want to make things worse.

Probably one to ask your GP or NHS Direct about. I'd assume you'd be better off doing exercise that's a little bit lower impact, like swimming, where your weight is supported by the water, so you'd be putting no strain on your hernia. However, I'm not a medical expert, so please approach someone more qualified!

Probably one to ask your GP or NHS Direct about. I'd assume you'd be better off doing exercise that's a little bit lower impact, like swimming, where your weight is supported by the water, so you'd be putting no strain on your hernia. However, I'm not a medical expert, so please approach someone more qualified!
Thanks for the reply. I am hoping to see my GP this week so I will ask them then but I'm always interested to see what the wise old heads of Bluemoon have to say as well ;)

I've not been swimming for over 10 years and have never been a strong swimmer, although I do enjoy your updates in the swimming thread and they have been tempting me to get started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.