Running thread

To go from struggling to run for 5 minutes solid, to a 23:07 5k only 5 weeks later is extremely impressive. Well either that or your telling porkies!

Keep it up and you’ll be faster than Gaz by Christmas!

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 12.17.14.png
No porkies. I only ran my first full 5k two & half weeks ago.

Reactions: ob
Last week was a man-flu write-off. I am determined to go out and put it right this week.

I know I'm being silly, but I've been stressing that I've lost all the fitness I'd gained over 6 months because of one lazy week. :')

Reactions: ob
I did my first ever Parkrun in 23:07 today. I only started running 5 weeks ago at 48 years old and was struggling to be able to run 5 mins solid when I started. So quite please with that.
Quite pleased? That's seriously impressive. You are Mo Farrar and I claim my five pounds.

Last week was a man-flu write-off. I am determined to go out and put it right this week.

I know I'm being silly, but I've been stressing that I've lost all the fitness I'd gained over 6 months because of one lazy week. :')
I'm in same boat mate although only few months and not the 6, had started HM training programme and stopped now. Luckily I'd allowed myself extra weeks for sickness, injury, bad weather, Christmas etc so will still be on track

Had a busy week so I've not been able to get out until this morning. Thought I'd brave the cold (well, 5°so freezing for me!) at 7:30 and get a 10k in before work. It was going well until I saw a mountain biker coming up the hill I was descending. Moved across to let him through whilst taking my eye of the rocky path to give him a warm runners nod when, at the same time, I kicked a rock which sent me sprawling down the hill. Ripped my gloves to shreds, cut all my hand and thigh and burst my water bottle! Fortunately, he was a nice bloke and was well prepared so he cleaned and bandaged me up before sending me on my way with only 2km to run. Annoyingly, I did exactly the same a few years back on the same route but that time I had 16km to run back whilst whimpering and dripping blood from both hands.

Hopefully, I'll learn my lesson this time. Look where I'm going and don't be as friendly to passing cyclists!

Had a busy week so I've not been able to get out until this morning. Thought I'd brave the cold (well, 5°so freezing for me!) at 7:30 and get a 10k in before work. It was going well until I saw a mountain biker coming up the hill I was descending. Moved across to let him through whilst taking my eye of the rocky path to give him a warm runners nod when, at the same time, I kicked a rock which sent me sprawling down the hill. Ripped my gloves to shreds, cut all my hand and thigh and burst my water bottle! Fortunately, he was a nice bloke and was well prepared so he cleaned and bandaged me up before sending me on my way with only 2km to run. Annoyingly, I did exactly the same a few years back on the same route but that time I had 16km to run back whilst whimpering and dripping blood from both hands.

Hopefully, I'll learn my lesson this time. Look where I'm going and don't be as friendly to passing cyclists!
Hope you're ok mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.