Russian invasion of Ukraine

Maybe they were rope-a-doped into this conflict, to further deplete their conventional forces.
Knowing a fair bit about our military from my job, and our reactions to the possibility of it happening early on, they weren't sucked into doing it at all, it was all their own choices.

As far back as November 2021 it was signalled as "likely" in briefings we had. I heard this from wihin my job, and when I heard it, I was "bollocks that just won't happen". I was told at the time, by people who speak with people much higher up the military food chain than I do, that they were very worried about it, even then I still dismissed the possibility of putin being that "stupid".

We were put on 10 days "notice" to go back to working night shifts just before christmas, having not done so for 3 years, and I still thought it was "bollocks" (so far we haven't taken that step, though we are still on "notice").

In late Jan we were briefed that it was "imminent", and I still couldn't get my head round the idea it would actually happen.

I had 2 weeks holiday in early Feb, and by the end of it I was dreading going back to work, because I knew the extra work it would cause if it did.

On Feb 24th I got up, and thought FFS why ? In the early days I feared ww3 was inbound any day, and believe me, where I work when in office, that was not a very appealing prospect (as I'm sure it wasn't for most people who don't work where I do).

The events of the last 5 or 6 days, whilst great for Ukraine, and I'm delighted by them, still fill me with angst over what might happen. Lets hope some sense prevails in russia itself over the next few weeks, because "winning" this "special operation" failed in late Feb/early Mar, and it now looks like it could turn into a russian disaster over the next weeks, and that might turn bad for Europe.

Just back from work and trawled through these pages as they remain wonderfully enlightening (even if they havent been verified).
I have been marvelling at the progress of the UAF, from Zelensky down to the troops on the front line they really are an example of pride and strength of character.
Seeing the difference between the scorched earth policy of the Russian advance and the apparent "knife through butter" it makes you clearly see what brains, ethics or a moral compass on each side.
Saddens me even more that the Russians were sold this lie and more will die for Putins ego.
I really do wish that the US could supply a missile to take out the Kerch bridge as I really do think that would end this so much sooner.

Evening Review: Russians want to withdraw from Kherson with weapons there weapons intact.
Of course you can! Leave your weapons behind and cross the river and your weapons will be intact. Simples!

Last edited:
Surely any man with intelligence ,as Putin surely must have , would think this all through now and fast forward and come to the conclusion that this isnt ending well for him whatever happens now , and resign , take flight to China ,or N,Korea or wherever he can find sanctuary ,
I would expect news any day ,but I’m no expert or maybe he doesn’t posses the necessary IQ !

Surely any man with intelligence ,as Putin surely must have , would think this all through now and fast forward and come to the conclusion that this isnt ending well for him whatever happens now , and resign , take flight to China ,or N,Korea or wherever he can find sanctuary ,
I would expect news any day ,but I’m no expert or maybe he doesn’t posses the necessary IQ !
Maybe he’ll drop some nukes on his way out. Let’s hope he’s not chasing too much space in the history books.

USA USA USA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.