Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sure, we can say ‘advisors’, ‘representatives’ and many other names, but the underlying point is the same - western countries have official representation on the ground and have for a long time now.
Yes but you said "trooops" which is soldiers generally, so you're just speculating. There is no proof that there are any (unless you have some). My job is in support of UK military operations in the region, and I've not even heard a rumour that we have any there, and we support land, sea, and air, and currently are not supporting anyone there, despite doing so regularly between 2014 and Jan 2022.

The facts of nato troops being on the ground was confirmed by the Germans a few weeks back….

The rest as said is my opinion - namely that it’s phenomenally naive to believe that as the weapons being provided become more and more sophisticated, increased numbers of western troops are on the ground in support and maintenance roles.

As posted on her months ago, the feasibility study on Gripen for example is not only on training and usage but also on ability to provide maintenance.

First of all, the German leak "content" was from Russian sources. Nothing was confirmed from German sources about the content.
Second, western "weapons advisors" have been in the Ukraine from the very beginning. This is not new news.
I have no doubt that that western powers have been helping with tactics and targets advice.
Special forces from around the world may also be conducting operations. But to date, there has been no evidence that this has been in actual combat situations.

Your post was implying there was a secret build up of NATO military personnel in the Ukraine for eventual conflict.
Where is your (non Russian) proof of this?
NATO is a defence alliance. Until a NATO member is directly threatened, there will not be "troops on the ground" in the Ukraine.
I'm not being naïve either. The lengths we have gone to not escalate things, has so far prevented this.

Personally, i wish there was a build up of troops. No scrap that, i think we should all be there supporting the Ukraine to repel the invaders. As long as we stop at the original 2009 borders, i don't think Putin would have the balls to do anything.
Russia has no right for what they have done. So many innocent lives have been lost to feed the ego of a maniac.
If we allow this to continue, it shows we haven't learnt a thing from the second world war.

Last edited:
Macron....

“We negotiated as best we could, the Minsk agreements, and other stories, but there’s nothing to discuss with Russia, Ukraine must win. French troops will be in Ukraine. There will be no red lines. I am the president of this country called France, and I decide.”

Slava Ukraini.

Macron....

“We negotiated as best we could, the Minsk agreements, and other stories, but there’s nothing to discuss with Russia, Ukraine must win. French troops will be in Ukraine. There will be no red lines. I am the president of this country called France, and I decide.”

Slava Ukraini.
What’s Macron’s game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.