Russian invasion of Ukraine

Indeed, that is what I was pointing out. But the warning wasn’t for Russia, it was for everyone else to see “it wasn’t Ukraine”, no matter how Putin attempts to spin it.

If I were the US, I would immediately attribute to IS (or whichever no-Ukraine entity claims it) the attack with no other involvement.

I wouldn’t disagree there is an element of self-interest in pointing the blame elsewhere; but it doesn’t make them wrong :)

US intel with respect to Russia has been on point - including warning of the initial invasion which a lot of people dismissed. Including Ukraine. Makes you wonder how they keep getting it right.

I wouldn’t disagree there is an element of self-interest in pointing the blame elsewhere; but it doesn’t make them wrong :)

US intel with respect to Russia has been on point - including warning of the initial invasion which a lot of people dismissed. Including Ukraine. Makes you wonder how they keep getting it right.
I wasn’t one of those that dismissed it.

In fact, I got all manner of abuse for insisting he was about to undertake a full-scale invasion. Was actually called an “idiot” that had no idea what I was talking about. When I had the temerity to directly question the analysis of an certain prominent Irish journalist on twitter that had a history of being quite lenient on Putin and was at that time saying there was absolutely no way Putin would escalate the conflict in Ukraine with an invasion, I was nearly run off the platform by him and his zealots (and likely no small number of bots). Ironically, fellow Putin-lover Musk eventually finished their work.

And, as I have said, the attack being carried out by an arm of IS does not mean Putin (et al) had no involvement. Or that US intelligence has no idea of any other involvement.

It wouldn’t be the first (or the 100th) time Putin allowed a murder (mass or otherwise) to provide justification/pretence for action(s) he already wanted to carry out.

But, I do agree, it does make you wonder how US intelligence keeps getting it right.

Putin is gradually losing control - he can keep an iron fist on Moscow and St Petersberg but things like Crocus City tonight shows that his security systems are degrading
If the educated classes in these cities get to know the truth that the yanks warned them and Putin ignored it this could spark serious kick back.
That is government failing in it's first duty.

Last edited:
I wasn’t one of those that dismissed it.

In fact, I got all manner of abuse for insisting he was about to undertake a full-scale invasion. Was actually called an “idiot” that had no idea what I was talking about. When I had the temerity to directly question the analysis of an certain prominent Irish journalist on twitter that had a history of being quite lenient on Putin and was at that time saying there was absolutely no way Putin would escalate the conflict in Ukraine with an invasion, I was nearly run off the platform by him and his zealots (and likely no small number of bots). Ironically, fellow Putin-lover Musk eventually finished their work.

And, as I have said, the attack being carried out by an arm of IS does not mean Putin (et al) had no involvement. Or that US intelligence has no idea of any other involvement.

It wouldn’t be the first (or the 100th) time Putin allowed a murder (mass or otherwise) to provide justification/pretence for action(s) he already wanted to carry out.

But, I do agree, it does make you wonder how US intelligence keeps getting it right.
Putin keeps telling Donald what's he's up to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.