Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yeah. 30 scrapped for parts. no idea if this means they are no longer flight worthy tho.

’Stripped’ is the optimum word, Tories have been doing that to Defence for 14 years now.

They don’t seem to have been around that long, must be about 20 years, no where in service when I left in 2000
How time flies, only seems like a few years ago I was doing consultancy work at Warton on them, unbelievable that some of the first tranche are already out of service.

Considering the state of the world at the moment, you'd think the least they would do is mothball them, pretty sure the airframe had a design life of more than 6000 hrs. They surely haven't racked up that many hours already.

How time flies, only seems like a few years ago I was doing consultancy work at Warton on them, unbelievable that some of the first tranche are already out of service.

Considering the state of the world at the moment, you'd think the least they would do is mothball them, pretty sure the airframe had a design life of more than 6000 hrs. They surely haven't racked up that many hours already.
I don’t know mate look what wars they been in since 2001!

Tories?
Everyone since 1997 to be fair. Labour, Tories and Lib Dems.
The so called "Peace Dividend"
Politicians don't learn from history do they?
18 billion sent to overseas aid..For me 6 Billion into NHS 6 billion into pensions and 6 billion into defence...

They don’t seem to have been around that long, must be about 20 years, no where in service when I left in 2000
They’ve been there for a while but the point made was about ‘stripping‘ the services. If you were Air, you’d note that our aircraft holdings are derisable. For the Senior Service, they have 2 aircraft carriers with no crew and not enough of those aircraft to scale it. As for Land, it’s either out of date armour and no replen’s to cover what has been given to Ukraine, or no ammunition to cover either.

Defence has been decimated and no longer good enough to give security to the country. That’s why we have General’s trying, but being ignored, to rally a nation.

Tories?
Everyone since 1997 to be fair. Labour, Tories and Lib Dems.
The so called "Peace Dividend"
Politicians don't learn from history do they?
You’re right, in some case, but the Labour era learned from their mistakes of sending us into Afghan and Iraq unequipped and poured money into the problem to support the troops. We now haven’t even got a Defence that could credibly manoeuvre in support of the USA, and would have to lean on the EU to cover the shortfall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.