Ryanair identification nightmare

blueandy1mac

Just a heads up for those looking at CL games away. Missus booked Ryanair flights with Kiwi today on my recommendation as they check you in. She's new to Ryanair as lead so when she tried to get her flights up on their app she was forced to go through an ID process, twice, for both flights. If you don't do it then you check in at the airport and the ensuing charges.
The process isnt that long but involves Photos of passports and selfies, and then advises you on a whim they're not identified. You get 5 goes then kicks you out altogether. Took her, with my help, an hour and 6 attempts for two flights.
Its an obvious tactic by Ryanair to deter people from booking through agents, even tho those agents offer flight protection that Ryanair doesn't for connecting flights etc. You pays your money and takes your chance, but this is shite and some people are gonna miss out and end up paying a hefty price.

Travelled hundreds of times with Ryanair, minimum 30 flights per year.
Never come across this.
Is it something new?
I haven't come across it before, similarly travelled with them n times with no probs.
As i said i think its a recent deterrent for those booking thro agents. I only recommended doing it cos kiwi book you in, as they did me Ryanair to athens. No savings booking with agents normally and i think its just another obstacle from O'Leary who hates not getting his last penny.
Certainly not worth the rigmarole we went through last night.

Just a heads up for those looking at CL games away. Missus booked Ryanair flights with Kiwi today on my recommendation as they check you in. She's new to Ryanair as lead so when she tried to get her flights up on their app she was forced to go through an ID process, twice, for both flights. If you don't do it then you check in at the airport and the ensuing charges.
The process isnt that long but involves Photos of passports and selfies, and then advises you on a whim they're not identified. You get 5 goes then kicks you out altogether. Took her, with my help, an hour and 6 attempts for two flights.
Its an obvious tactic by Ryanair to deter people from booking through agents, even tho those agents offer flight protection that Ryanair doesn't for connecting flights etc. You pays your money and takes your chance, but this is shite and some people are gonna miss out and end up paying a hefty price.
Ryanair won't allow you book with second party agents. Just book on official Ryanair site and it's straight forward.

Yeah same happened with me recently for a flight over to Manchester it’s a ball ache the whole process and they did say about booking with third party agents ..I won’t be doing that again ..

I am having the same.problem. I downloaded their app which it tells u to do but can't anywhere on the app that I can to do the id verification. Any chance you can point me which part of the app allows do the process thanks

I am having the same.problem. I downloaded their app which it tells u to do but can't anywhere on the app that I can to do the id verification. Any chance you can point me which part of the app allows do the process thanks
Kiwi provided me with a direct link, and tbf did warn me in advance of the problem. Look at the confirmation email from your agent.

Ryanair won't allow you book with second party agents. Just book on official Ryanair site and it's straight forward.
They allow it cos they have to, but this new process is certainly a put off. Just had to do it again as multiple flights to belgrade. Alternative is to book all flights independently which is risky if one disappears whilst booking.

The process is a piece of piss to be fair. Takes 2 mins. Must have done it 5 times and never once been rejected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.