Safe Bet?

newcrossblue

We're currently 7 points off 5th (Villa) and two points off 18th (West Brom)

November and December are full of potential banana skins (Hull and West Brom Away) as well as teams looking to hit form (spuds at home)

So love him or loathe him, Hughes gone by January is looking like a good bet. If anyone can get odds on this let me know. It's worth at least a tenner.

newcrossblue said:

November and December are full of potential banana skins (Hull and West Brom Away) as well as teams looking to hit form (spuds at home)

So love him or loathe him, Hughes gone by January is looking like a good bet. If anyone can get odds on this let me know. It's worth at least a tenner.

Should never have been here in the first place ;-)

Blue2112 said:
newcrossblue said:

Looks like you were right 2112.

newcrossblue said:

As i've said there is no way the owners will wait until january he will be gone by the end of november. It doesn't make sense give him millions in january then sack him? Get rid now and lets get some pride and fight back into the team or at least lets gets somenone who will play the players in the right positions that would be a good start.

newcrossblue said:
Blue2112 said:

Looks like you were right 2112.

I maintain that if were gonna be fucking shit or if were ever gonna be good then we should do it without any Rag as a manager. Its not like hes the only manager in the world that could possibly bring us success so why even go there.

I object to this unofficial tag of best young British manager out there - based on what grounds and whose say so. The media,s obviously who love everything rag/ex-raginess.

I object to City being a practice ground for him to possibly improve himself, fuck that, let him go to Newcastle or elsewhere and employ his experimental tactics.

I know its another change of manager but the situation with the money available I believe we should try and attract a manager who has the track record to make the players were aiming for sit up and take notice.

I don,t believe the owners are going to sit around and wait for a three year development, other big teams will also be developing at the same rate, we do need to make a big impact and I honestly believe it has to be next season. I can't see that happening under Hughes. How many of the worlds top players are going to want to come here for a longer term development, they want Champions league football now not tomorrow so we may have to pay a big compensation fee to lure them here and cover their lack of Champions league short term.

newcrossblue said:

6 weeks since the above was posted. We're now 12 points off 5th (arsenal) 13 points off Villa,and still only 2 points off 18th (newcastle). If we hadn't beaten Arsenal then I think yesterday would have seen the end of Hughes.

As it goes, he's at make or break. Lose against West Brom and I think he's finished for sure. Not least because Spurs and Sunderland have already made the changes and are now at least equal to us on points.

"I object to City being a practice ground for him to possibly improve himself."

Apparently mate, you are in a minority. Most City fans think it's okay (no, laudable) for Hughes to pump up his CV at our expense. Salt of the earth, us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.