safe standing permission granted

Agree with you think that having to buy a ticket months in advance when maybe half your group carnt commit plays a bigger part than standing in atmosphere.
The only way round would be match day tickets marked unreserved standing

Agree, groups of lads who are all mates all standing together would improve atmosphere loads. So hard to organise as it is now though. Your much less likely to shout up and risk makin a bit of a fool of yesterday if you're sat with one or two mates than if you're in a massive group

Clearly not cos loads of fans want it. Whether you're bothered or not it's not pointless for lots of people
Don't get me wrong ive been a supporter for this campaign for years. But I always understood it to increase capacity and therefore hopefully decreasing prices.

Not sure what the point of it would be at etihad if the capacity would remain the same as thousands stand any way every game.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong ive been a supporter for this campaign for years. But I always understood it to increase capacity and therefore hopefully decreasing prices.

Not sure what the point of it would be at etihad if the capacity would remain the same as thousands stand any way every game.
To be honest I am confused how it cannot increase the capacity at Celtic (or anywhere) as sitting requires 2 steps per person, standing only one.... the authorities state that the area for every 10 people seated, 18 people can stand (apparently we take up more room standing than sitting, 9 fans on each row instead of 10, which is why fans who have persistently stood up get the ends of row seats taken away...)

To be honest I am confused how it cannot increase the capacity at Celtic (or anywhere) as sitting requires 2 steps per person, standing only one.... the authorities state that the area for every 10 people seated, 18 people can stand (apparently we take up more room standing than sitting, 9 fans on each row instead of 10, which is why fans who have persistently stood up get the ends of row seats taken away...)

I posted on page 4 that the bloke who helped introduce this was on Talksport , he stated that the new safe standing replaced the same number of normal seats and it's only been sold to season ticket holders , the idea that Clubs will increase their capacity , then reduce their ticket prices is wide of the mark.

I posted on page 4 that the bloke who helped introduce this was on Talksport , he stated that the new safe standing replaced the same number of normal seats and it's only been sold to season ticket holders , the idea that Clubs will increase their capacity , then reduce their ticket prices is wide of the mark.
Well it isnt wide of the mark in Germany, so not sure how this system works. As I said, your body takes the space of two steps when sitting but only requires one when standing.

Well it isnt wide of the mark in Germany, so not sure how this system works. As I said, your body takes the space of two steps when sitting but only requires one when standing.

The demo shown on SSN for rail seating at Celtic appeared to be each seat was simply locked up for standing so you had a rail in front and a rail behind each standing spectator.
Simply for safe standing, no mention of increased attendance.

What was standing on the Kippax or North Stand like? Sadly before my time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.