Salvio

I think all top players get excited about quality players coming in. I've never heard Barca , Madrid or Bayern players moan when quality additions are made to the squad. The only people who moan are your Robinho type characters who don't have the stomach for a fight. It's a squad game these days and what is happening at City now I personally find very exciting. Too many times last season we struggled to break down obdurate mid table teams. They can sit back and defend for their lives this season at their peril , exciting times indeed !!!

Manchester City appeared to be continuing their ambitious summer acquisition programme last night, with Benfica's Argentinian right winger Eduardo Salvio the subject of a €30m (£25.8m) bid from the club, according to several respected sources in Portugal.

City have not yet responded to inquiries about the bid but Benfica are already understood to have begun the task of replacing the 23-year-old. The Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira Ferreira is understood to be asking €40m (£34.4m) though a compromise would appear likely.

City, who this week secured the signature of Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla for around £16m, with £4m add-ons, are also close to securing Stevan Jovetic for £22.4m plus add-ons.

Salvio is a similar player to Jesús Navas, the winger, who completed a £17m move, rising to £21.5m in add-ons, from Sevilla to City last month. A pure right winger, he is known for mixing defensive duties with an ability to score 15 goals a season. He played every game last season for Benfica.

New manager Manuel Pellegrini left City’s South African training camp to spend a few days back home in Chile yesterday. The 59-year-old unexpectedly took a flight out of Durban early this morning, with a personal issue to attend to in Santiago. It meant assistant boss Brian Kidd will be in charge when City took on Amazulu in Durban last night.

There is room for him I think. We may have 2 player for each position policy but I think it's more that we have 22 senior players that can ensure that each position is covered by at least 2 people, such that most players are happy that they get enough rest/game time and are not out of depth, i.e. Garcia or Richards can't cover CB without it being a major gamble. I think Salvio could cover a number of attacking positions well.

Hart
Panty

Richards Kompany Pepe Clichy
Zabba Nastisic Lescott Kolorov

Silva Yaya Fern Jovetic
Navas Rodwell Milner Nasri

Aguero Negredo
Salvio Guidetti

So Dzeko, Barry, Sinclair and Garcia gone ... Midfield/attack seems great.
But a new experienced CB is required (like Pepe) and possibly a Kolorov replacement.

I agree..the top players cant sit back on their 100k a week wages now...everyone has got to fight for their place in the starting 11. This can only push them to lift their game or they on the bench as someone is ready to take their place!!

GO CITY!!

VinniesLad said:
I think all top players get excited about quality players coming in. I've never heard Barca , Madrid or Bayern players moan when quality additions are made to the squad. The only people who moan are your Robinho type characters who don't have the stomach for a fight. It's a squad game these days and what is happening at City now I personally find very exciting. Too many times last season we struggled to break down obdurate mid table teams. They can sit back and defend for their lives this season at their peril , exciting times indeed !!!

I don't know much about him but watched some videos on Youtube and seems like a speedy winger and I like him. Young, ambitious, seems a wee bit cocky from his celebrations but I think that can be good for a player like that and of course finally is an Argie so can get stuck into some BBQ to celebrate with Zab and Kun after a win!

Sign him up Txiki!

I don't see it happening. Sinclair doesn't get a game as it is, and if we got Salvio it would be to replace Sinclair. Why pay 25 million for someone to sit on he bench. It'd be too many players.

Blue Elmo said:
I don't see it happening. Sinclair doesn't get a game as it is, and if we got Salvio it would be to replace Sinclair. Why pay 25 million for someone to sit on he bench. It'd be too many players.

Sinclair doesn't get a game because he's no way near good enough, Salvio is good enough to play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.