Sam Curtis

leighton

We had some interest in Sam last year. Now he has turned 18 he can leave Ireland been highly impressive for Pat's over the last 2 seasons playing fullback. He will 1 day play in England at the top level I rate this kid highly. What I can say about the Irish club football there's a lot of young talent about that are getting lots of games as the clubs are playing them from a younger age. He will be on a free too so compensation is all that's needed to be paid.

We had some interest in Sam last year. Now he has turned 18 he can leave Ireland been highly impressive for Pat's over the last 2 seasons playing fullback. He will 1 day play in England at the top level I rate this kid highly. What I can say about the Irish club football there's a lot of young talent about that are getting lots of games as the clubs are playing them from a younger age. He will be on a free too so compensation is all that's needed to be paid.
Hi Sam. How’s things?

It'll be a huge step up for the lad if he comes. Ignoring the homesickness factor, LOI football is atrocious. Being very generous to them, LOI football (and the NI equivalent) is league one standard at best. If he does sign for us, I wish him all the best.

The thing is the league has plenty of young talented players. The league now is producing the players. Sam Curtis is the one who will move on in this window. I watched a lot of Pat's and Bobs and there producing some talented players. Mason Melia only 16 looks like he will have a load of clubs coming in for him. Jimi as you are well aware a lot of these players are still moving to European clubs now. A lot have gone to Italian clubs over the past few seasons. I wouldn't say it's league 1 standard say it's Above that. They just can't compete with the money that's in the championship.

The standards are getting better here but it's going to take time to even get up to Championship standards but if the Irish people backing some clubs over in the UK backed clubs here too it might make the league better and more competitive and produce better players again.

In your opinion what level would you say LOI is compared to English football?
Top teams are L1, rest are lower level L1 which is not a bad level at all. The level of football in English football at lower levels is excellent contary to what many may think.

The thing is the league has plenty of young talented players. The league now is producing the players. Sam Curtis is the one who will move on in this window. I watched a lot of Pat's and Bobs and there producing some talented players. Mason Melia only 16 looks like he will have a load of clubs coming in for him. Jimi as you are well aware a lot of these players are still moving to European clubs now. A lot have gone to Italian clubs over the past few seasons. I wouldn't say it's league 1 standard say it's Above that. They just can't compete with the money that's in the championship.

The standards are getting better here but it's going to take time to even get up to Championship standards but if the Irish people backing some clubs over in the UK backed clubs here too it might make the league better and more competitive and produce better players again.
I said in my original post, which that guy rubbished, that (being generous) LOI football is equivalent to League one. Yet, a few posts later, he pretty much echoed what I said. As have you. He also said that I'd never been to a LOI game. Which I denied. The same poster also slagged off the atmosphere at City games.

I said in my original post, which that guy rubbished, that (being generous) LOI football is equivalent to League one. Yet, a few posts later, he pretty much echoed what I said. As have you. He also said that I'd never been to a LOI game. Which I denied. The same poster also slagged off the atmosphere at City games.
Jimi i know what was said just saying even in the league there is some gems in there at a young age that are doing good things. I am not foolish to say that any player from the league of Ireland is good enough to walk into the City team. We have done deals here that made us money Gavin Bazunu from Rovers. Hence why we have scouted Sam Curtis and Mason Melia these guys are young 18 and under and playing man football. The club has bought countless players in the past that they sold on for millions with some never playing a game this could be the case here. Honestly stand by what i am saying about Sam Curtis when he leaves Ireland he will be playing international football with Ireland pretty soon if he gets the right move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.